EMG Helios KA SR16E3 rail removal question.

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Tripswitch, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Tripswitch

Tripswitch Active Member

South Bend
    So I have the SR16 E3 from Evike and for the life of me I can’t figure out how to remove the rail. There is one screw on the underneath of the rail that I removed, however the rail still holds fast. Any help is appreciated!

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Tripswitch likes this.

3. Tripswitch

Tripswitch Active Member

South Bend
  4. Tripswitch

Tripswitch Active Member

South Bend
    So basically heat up the rail and twist? Sorry, I know I sound like a noob, lol.

sorry, I did t see your full reply. Thank you for your help!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  5. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Sorry...link info was old for another conversation...that one has a double threaded nut also...inside and outside. It has thread locker most likely and the rail has flat spots for a wrench to grab onto and pry off.

If you heat it and the thread lock release with a puff of smoke it should unscrew then, that is if you over heat it...if not...heat and twist, heat and twist until it releases.

Tripswitch likes this.
  6. Tripswitch

Tripswitch Active Member

South Bend
    So try to pry it off or twist? I apologize if I sound stupid, I don’t know what a thread locker is.

7. Tripswitch

Tripswitch Active Member

South Bend
    I’m basically trying to get the rail off to replace the cw threaded barrel with a ccw one since all my suppressors are ccw

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It would be easier to to put on a thread adapter...change 14mm+ to 14mm-.

Thread locker is the industry term for Loctite.

Tripswitch likes this.
  9. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Active Member

+14mm CW to -14mm CCW adapter would be easier and cheaper, there are ones that are 1" long or less to not affect overall aesthetics too much.

I don't know exactly how it's attached to the receiver, but usually freefloat rails are gripping the barrel nut and sometimes they are tight even when screws are loosened. I haven't seen threadlock on the barrel nut-rail interface but there's always a possibility. I used a hammer on a screwdriver padded with paper on the tip to remove my ARP9 rail

Tripswitch likes this.