EMG Hellbreaker vs EMG Blitz

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by knesek, Jan 28, 2019.

1. knesek

knesek New Member

Hey everyone,
    I've been looking to get an aeg in the past couple of months and I've narrowed it down to the hellbreaker and blitz, but I'm open to others around the same price or under. I've heard really good things about both of them but I've also heard that the Blitz is manufactured by a not so great company. I play other games like airsoft and for the past couple years I've always stayed back and been more of a "sniper" but that's gotten boring so I've been pushing a lot recently, but I still want the option to stay back. I'm also not sure if I should go with a 10in or 15in barrel if I get the hellbreaker. If I get the blitz do you think the grey and blue would stand out enough to get me shot more than plain black or would it not make a difference? The field near me is a mid-size outdoor field but it has a lot of structures with sharp angles. My secondary is a KWC 1911 if that helps.
    Thanks a lot!

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Barrel length has no bearing on range. We all shoot the 6mm ball and 380fps at the muzzle is 380fps...regardless of barrel length. So get what appeals to you on looks.

The HB is Ares, I will say they are middle of the road in quality. Who do you think is making the Blitz.

As for the color...it depends. I use to play with a guy with a bright Gold Gun. He shot more people out then getting shot himself. So, for the color....it depends.

3. knesek

knesek New Member

Thanks for the info. I think APS makes the Blitz. For color I might just swap the bright blue muzzle brake out for black one

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Yeah...APS...not so good.

knesek likes this.
  5. knesek

knesek New Member

Probably gonna go with the 10in black hellbreaker. The Blitz looks super good but my budget doesn't let me replace all the APS internals xD. I'm sure it gets asked an annoyingly high amount but are there any other m4 style aegs around $300 that may be higher quality or something like a $200 one that I could put the other $100 towards upgrading?

6. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    A baseline G&P...
    There are also plenty of ACM guns out there from JG, Dboys, CYMA and the lot that are decent.

knesek likes this.
  7. OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ Member

Sacramento
    $300 puts you right in the middle of the price range of a lot of solid guns. Krytac, VFC, etc. are all within striking distance. I'm super happy with my KWA Ronin that was a bit less than that. Not an M4, but our local shop was selling ASG EVO3a1 Scorpions for $329 a few weeks ago. I don't know anything about the specific guns you're looking at, but I'm thinking you should be able to cross shop quite a few good guns in that price range.

knesek likes this.
  8. knesek

knesek New Member

I love scorpions irl and in video games but honestly I forgot it existed in airsoft. With a coupon I can get one for $299! If parts aren’t too expensive / rare I’ll probably have to get that. Thanks for all the suggestions, helps a lot!

9. OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ Member

Sacramento
    Well I do think some parts are more expensive than M4 parts, like magazines. I don't know that I'd say anything is "rare", though, as pretty much everything can be found online. My friend has the Scorpion and it seems quite awesome.

knesek likes this.