Entry level gas blowback pistol?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by cookery123, Aug 6, 2012.

1. cookery123

cookery123 New Member

Any ideas? KWA, WE, k-warrior

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    You don't want a WE they are very failure prone. What's your budget?

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    It depends on what you mean by "entry level." Essentially, no GBBs are any harder or easier to use than any others (there are a couple brands that are a bit fragile, like Maruzen). In terms of user friendliness, there's no real distinction between one and another. If, however, by "entry level" you mean "cheap," that's a different question. So what are you looking for out of your GBB?

4. cookery123

cookery123 New Member

Ok thanks.
    Budget wise under $150

5. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    For that price get a KWA USP.

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    I can second that, Go for a KWA USP. You wont be finding any Tokyo Maruis for that

7. cookery123

cookery123 New Member

Ok probably will do, just wondering if any of you have tried a k-warrior gun they look quite cool.

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    you can find some TM on the classifieds here for that range but they are used. You can get a brand new KWA for the same price. The ATP and USP are great. 1911s are very common and parts are always readily available and most brands the mags are cheaper. KWA mags are more expensive but their reliability is much higher.
    KSC/KWA are at the top with TM but their price range is from 130-190 for a good pistol.
    WE is a crap shoot depending on the mood of the guy that checked it it could last you forever or a week but they are for the most part TM compatible

in all though, pistols are a secondary. Make sure you have a primary running great, mags and the correct gear. then buy a pistol

9. USPxMASTERx

USPxMASTERx New Member

You can get a KWA USP, DO NOT get a ATP!!!!! The M9 is another good KWA you can get

10. cookery123

cookery123 New Member

Well thanks for the help guys.

11. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    why not get thd ATP? I owned one and I didnt like it because it did not fit my hand like my Glock did so thats why I got rid of it. I know 8 people who have them and they love them. Especially the new version with the subdued markings.
    The ATP takes all the original glock mods like springs and guide rods and mags and uses the newer NS2 system.

12. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

Any KWA product is excellent.

13. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    That is...the statement of a KWA fanboy. The ATP has some problems, but they're usable. Their M93r has had a lot of problems, at least mine had.

14. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Radar. They've picked it up in the last few years, but their entire product line still wavers in the "pretty good" range. Their pistols have some QC issues as they lag behind KSC and TM. Their AEGs are in the same boat, and their use of proprietary parts is a bit maddening for those who like to gut and rebuild their rifles. A KWA is generally not a bad purchase, but there are better options for just about everything out there.

15. UBCSWraith

UBCSWraith New Member

I love my KWA USP. KWA pistols like the USP are awesome stock performers, but lack the upgrade potential of say a TM 1911. For me, it's a secondary weapon, so as long as it shoots straight out to 100 feet, doesn't leak, has a decent BB and gas capacity, and shoots every time I pull it out of my SERPA in a "uh oh" situation, that works for me. I don't need an uber tricked out Airsoft IPSC pistol, and I don't think most players do either.

My KWA USP has performed admirably every time it has been called upon. I know I can count on it. That to me, is the biggest factor for a sidearm.

16. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

Lol, I'm not even a fan boy, from what i read online and seen on field, everyone that I talked, loves them and respects people who have them. Most of the people who save KWA has problems don't even own KWA's

17. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I have had an ATP, where do you get "most" from? And, yes, you are a fan boy.

18. MasterK

MasterK New Member

Atlanta
    I change my order for an ATP to a SoftAir licensed P226 (KJW). After my research on this forum and the kW a forum regarding the ATP, I think I made a better choice

19. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    Just as a note, KWA 1911s are proprietary and can not use TM compatible upgrade parts.

20. Radar159

Radar159 New Member

Hmm me a fanboy? I own a Echo 1 Stag Arms M4, A TSD M1911, and a tactical force Combat.