Eotech kill flash?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Dead Eye, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
  2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    A nylon stocking is good enough as a killflash. And cheap.

3. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    That killflash looks like a waste of money. If you want a cheap lens protector, buy a pair of safety glasses, the huge, clear ones for like $4, and measure your EOTech's window. The carve out a square, but leave three legs, like the acrylic ones for $10. Then shave the part of the leg connecting to the large cover piece, so you can bend it. Then bend the pieces, and just put the cover on. You spend $4 if you already have a Dremel, and maybe like 25 minutes on the cover.

4. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    so neither one of you have experience with this product?
    cause the question was has anyone tried this. not opinions on what its worth to you not ever owning one. sure I could build one I just do not want to go that route. and a nylon stocking will not stop a BB.

5. schlabie

schlabie New Member

What exactly is a killflash i never understood it.

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Basically it's anything that prevents the sun (or light source) from reflecting off the end of your optic.

Many long ranged scopes have a scope hood, shorter ranged optics often are tinted, colored, or have a object (paper, plastic, etc) to make a smaller profile. The idea is when light hits it, the killflash prevents the light from having anything shiny to reflect off of.

As many snipers will tell you, it's the simple things that often give you away.

7. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    this one acts as a lens protector as well this is why I am interested in it.

8. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You'd be surprised what a nylon stocking can do. If not shot from point blank, it will stop a bb.

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    you can use a solid cover on top of a red dot and still see the dot with both eyes open.