EVENT: OP: Solstice Rising

Discussion in 'Virginia Airsoft Forum' started by libiss, Jul 30, 2015.

1. libiss

libiss New Member

Dumfries
    Hosted by: Team Tactical Sporks

Date: Sunday September 13th, 2015

Story: There are two sides of the story we get to hear. The USMA (United States Military Associations) who have been clashing with the group called WASP (Wicked Angels of Southern Peninsula) to dominate the entire Southern Hemisphere. The year of 2031, just after the first war between with the two groups. A scientist from a neutral side fled from his work and to get away from the war. Now USMA and WASP have Intel where this scientist is located. USMA wants the scientist to help rebuild cities and Towns that WASP have destroyed and left to be abandon. WASP, on the other hand, want to use the scientist's skill to build high tech weapons and warheads. Both fight at the Oasis (Pev's field) to gain control of this rouge scientist. Watch out, there might a neutral gang in the hiding.

This is a scenario event where who wins determines the next event.

There will be Prizes at the END!

Prices:
    Pre-Registration
    $20 - .20 & .25g bbs
    $25 - .28g bbs
    $30 - .32g bbs
    At Door Registration
    $25 - .20 & .25g bbs
    $30 - .28g bbs
    $35 - 32. bbs

-Registration will be on online through Pev's
    Event Schedule: [May change prior to event date]
    0800 - Open Gates/Registration
    0900 - Chrono
    1000 - Event/Safety Brief
    1020 - Move to Dead Box
    1100 - Startex
    1600 - Endex
    1630 - Giveaways

Team Camo/color tape:
    USMA - Multicam, Tan base colors
    WASP - Woodland, Green base colors
    [If you don't have camos for a side, Pev's will put you on a side on the day of the event.]

Rules: All Pev's Airsoft Rules apply.
    -Semi-Automatic Only, excepted for Squad Automatic Weapon or Light Machine Gun.
    Medic Rules:

-Each Medic will have a elastic bandage, which they will have to wrap around completely
    of the wounded player and apply pressure for 30 seconds.
    -Bleed out time of 3 minutes
    -Reinsert every 15 minutes (rules may change due to attendance)

Now it's your chance to help the side you believe in!

[For more information check online or call Pev's Paintball park in Aldie, VA]

2. libiss

libiss New Member

Dumfries
    Pev's is looking for Generals for WASP and USMA teams. Contact me if you like to run as General. Trust me, its fun.

3. Rob_at_Pevs

Rob_at_Pevs New Member

Aldie
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1622593407999629/

There is the event page for the Pevs FB Page as well.

I look forward to working with Matt and the guys from Tactical Sporks!

We are try some new stuff at this event, Team camos, another medic type using elastic bandages and Gun rules Semi only except for the Squad Weapons.

Also Breaking news !!!

NEW Sniper rules!

We are now going to allow Bolt action sniper rifles to shoot @ 450fps on .20's with a engagement restriction of 75ft.

-Robert

4. libiss

libiss New Member

Dumfries
    Only 18 more days till Op: Solstice Rising! Preregister now to save $5! Either go online to www.pevs.com or call them at 703.327.7640!

5. Rob_at_Pevs

Rob_at_Pevs New Member

Aldie
    Ok Guys and Gals,

It seems that there is some confusion on the online registration through our web site so I took these screen caps and going over the steps to register online.

So First goto Pev's Paintball and click on the Book now Link Button :

[​IMG]

2) The Package and Date selection page will come up : Select Sept 13th, 8:00 AM then click on the See Availability button :

[​IMG]

3) Now the packages will pop up, scroll down to the Airsoft Pre-Registration selections, there will be 4 - 20's 25's 28's and 32's Select the one you want.

[​IMG]

Enter the number of players you are registering, confirm the order and numbers over the next screen as well.

4) Fill in the form with your info,

[​IMG]

5) The next screen that should come up is the Select Guest(s) of Honor, You will select Add an Organization button

[​IMG]

6) For the Organization enter Green or Tan, if you have no color put NONE, we will place you on teams as needed. Remember Green - Olive Drab, Woodland, Marpat, Tiger Stripe Tan - MultiCam, ACU, Desert Combar Uniform, Chocolate Chip, Coyote

Department name - If you have a team signing up put your teams name here

[​IMG]

7) At this point select your Organization check box :

[​IMG]

8) Review your order - if there is a pricing issue, don't worry we will fix any issues when we call you for payment!

9) Then you have your order as you finish up, you will be emailed your invoice, take note of your order number. We we call to get payment, you will get an updated invoice. Print that and bring it with you game day!

If you have nay issues please call us at 703-327-7640

6. Grimace

Grimace New Member

Burke
    Any update on the number of players registered yet?

7. libiss

libiss New Member

Dumfries
    5 ish from last time I checked

8. Rob_at_Pevs

Rob_at_Pevs New Member

Aldie
    I have a lot of people that are coming but for some reason not registering. It is killing me as it makes it very hard to plan things without an idea on numbers.

-R

9. Grimace

Grimace New Member

Burke
    Rob,
    I plan on going. Your post describing how to register was valuable. I went to the Pevs website before I saw your post and could not figure out how to register online. I would recommend having the events come up on the calendar rather than having to pick the date and time yourself to find those events. That would make it easier for folks like me who have never pre-registered on the website before.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Hope it doesn't rain too much!

10. Rob_at_Pevs

Rob_at_Pevs New Member

Aldie
    So a quick video from the Game today. The mounds played very interestingly.

Blue pushing Red back into the Outpost

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJiyFY83jM0[/ame]

11. Grimace

Grimace New Member

Burke
    Great video and event

The mounds were an interesting add to the fields.

The location provided huge advantage to blue, as they could see everything in the red spawn point and dominate red as they were reinserted. Red was pushed back by the refs from anywhere near the blue spawn twice yesterday to make it fair, while blue was allowed to overlook red's spawn at will a few times and were never told to push back by the refs.

I was laughing watching them line up on it like they were defending the angle at Gettysburg. From a realism standpoint, I told the ref that real world, I would have called in an airstrike where those guys were camped out up there. Anyway, who cares, it's airsoft...

BTW, was that a blue medic doing work on a teammate while lying out of bounds behind the guy?

12. Rob_at_Pevs

Rob_at_Pevs New Member

Aldie
    There were several issue that were self inflicted by the blue team, not taking ground of game starts was a big one. Given the mounds they needed to push hard into the mound wall and take the back end of scrap yard then red wouldn't be able to destroy the hill near the bridge.

Blues Insertion was no where as defendable as reds in the outpost. With the exception of one player that I was aware of blue never held dominance over the reds Insertion. One blue player got into a great location and as it was only a single play I left him there.

Yes that was a medic, he was a little out of bounds and he had taken over for another medic that had to leave, but for got to give him the elastic bandage so him just counted taps on the players. They only time I had boundary issues I just made people walk back in bound unless it turned into a fur ball like it did with the thunder b and both groups actually being on the wrong field lol.

We try to just let the players play in a safe manor and if they make an honest mistake not hammering them for it.

Robert

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  13. brakaway

brakaway New Member

Richmond
    My son and I came up from Chesterfield Va. We had a great time. Nice fields. The mounds were fun to use and play on. We were on the red Team. Blue team insertion point was a bit of a bottle neck area. Made it hard for them to get out when we pushed up on them. Cant wait for the next game, we will be back.

14. iman

iman New Member

Leesburg
    When is the next event in NoVA?

That was so much fun.

15. brakaway

brakaway New Member

Richmond
    Let me know, we are down for coming back.

16. Grimace

Grimace New Member

Burke
    Rob,
    Copy all. Overall, very fun event! You guys are definitely stepping it up at Pev's! Do you have plans for another big game sometime in the near future?

17. Rob_at_Pevs

Rob_at_Pevs New Member

Aldie
    We will have another event in Dec.

-R