Evike boneyard

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RawrChad, Oct 6, 2012.

1. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Would getting a gun from evike boneyard be a good idea, to learn how to upgrade guns internally? That way I don't take the chance of ruining a new good gun from trying to learn.

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Yup, I say it is, it's a good way to learn IMO. Just make SURE that its TM compatible.

3. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

TM?

(20 characters)

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Tokyo marui compatiable he's just saying make sure you get something with a standard gearbox ie. V3 v2 etc.

5. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

They don't say what type it is in boneyard.

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Then look it up, or ask us. You've got to do more research than just reading a retailers description before buying a gun broken or not.

7. wookie

wookie New Member

Just look up the actual gun that is in the bone yard. So if a jg m4 is the boneyard look up jg m4 gearbox compatibility and you'll learn that it is a standard v2. You want to avoid plastic gearboxes And non standard gearboxes. So if you see for example a dboys lpeg google it and you'll see it doesn't have a standard gearbox. Hope I helped.

8. RawrChad

RawrChad New Member

Ok so a past boneyard was Agm full metal m16 aeg rifle, I looked it up it has a v2 standard metal gearbox, that is what I would want to get?

9. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Yes, if you want a version 2 gearbox. Full metal externals are always good to have and since you will be learning how to tech on this gun the internals don't have to be the best, if you plan on upgrading/ fixing it. Hope this helps

10. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I was just looking through their boneyard... Good luck trying to find something that's quality and in stock... Pretty sure they only have 5 things...

11. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Personally I think it's a bad idea. In theory it sounds great. Get a broken/faulty gun at a discounted price, fix it up, and go from there.

The thing about boneyard guns is that you never fully know the issues/problems/faults with the guns. Sometimes they're nice and say "wiring issue", usually it's more on the lines of "gun don't work".
    So you get a gun, start throwing parts into it in hope of figuring out what's wrong with it.

A MUCH better option would be to buy a cheap working JG, DBoys, G&G, Echo, King Arms, or other budget gun second hand. Again, buy a WORKING budget gun second hand. Pop it open and start tinkering. The reason I say buy a working gun is because if you take it apart and put it back together and it doesn't work, you know it's something YOU didn't do right, AND you know you have all the pieces to make the gun work "correctly".

Now once you've been around the block a few times, and fixed a few guns as well as upgraded a few others, AND you have a box of miscellaneous parts, THEN you should start looking at boneyards.

Aside from that, a boneyard is great if, for example, you have a M4 and the butter tube is faulty, you can get a M4 from a boneyard and swap out parts as needed.