Evike (F)

Discussion in 'Company Reviews' started by AirsoftimusPrime, Sep 20, 2012.

1. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I haven't said anything bad about Evike for over a day now, so I really need to vent.

I don't know where to start. They broke aquacloths inside the box with a $350 gun in it, which pieces of got in the internals? No refunds they'd only clean it if I sent it back to them and covered 2 ways of shipping. Opening it myself would void the warranty, which- knowing Evike- would probably void my only hope of getting money back on something they messed up.

They also labeled gray magazines as "black" and wouldn't refund them unless I paid for shipping. False advertising? It's K guys.

They might seem cheaper- but after free shipping and lower prices (not to mention the security of not false advertising) ASGI is cheaper. Less headache as well. If you need parts, clandestine>Asian places>American microstores>Evike

I'm very sick of Evikes horrible service. They give out skewed information like most stores, and mislead alot of customers like most stores. The difference is, they don't make up for it with good prices, they don't make up for it with good customer service. Not even good shipping, I had some random box someone had from a crib or something shipped to me.

Never shop here- some people might tell you otherwise- and their opinion you should consider as well- but my opinion is they are the store from hell.

Prices: 5/10
    Customer service: 1/10
    Shipping: 1/10
    Truthfulness/advertising honour: 1/10

2. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    I have never had a problem with their customer service. They once shipped me a wrong item and let me keep it while they resent the originally purchased. (It was an E-Mag I ordered and they gave me a 8.4v battery) But I don't know why you would rate them so low for the color issue. I mean really its gray not black, so what. (Sorry if they came off mean)

3. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    They lied. And then they would not correct their mistake by paying for return shipping. In hindsight I should have reported them to the BBB. They are a massive company, they have no reason to misadvertise something, then not help you at all when you're the victim of their mistake. It's like if Apple gave you black earphones instead of white ones, and wouldn't pay for return shipping. That's how ridiculous that is.

4. Blades

Blades New Member

Report them to the BBB, you are a paying customer and if they screwed you over that bad, false advertising is in fact false advertising. Or just tell them you are going to report them to the BBB if they don't cooperate, maybe that will get them to fix the problem.

5. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Their site layout is a bit cluttered too. Just like Airsplat.

I've never ordered from anywhere other than ASGI. I get flak for it at times (just like I do for owning a KWA) but I believe they're run by decent people. I think their Youtube videos are a little exaggerating, but nevertheless they are a great retailer.

6. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I ordered from them and the mags that were supposedly black were gray.

7. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    ^ the MAG midcaps. Yup.

I like the grey midcaps more then my black G&P one now. It's the concept and cheating business of what they did that makes me rate them as F (among other things).

8. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    That was the only thing that happend with my order. But I've seen alot of people giving Evike F's, so I'll just buy from ASGI.

9. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    I like grey midcaps more now. It just grew on me. I am still furious, the only reason it turned out better for me is random luck. I'm sure others aren't so lucky. Anyways, it was like 9 months ago (before I just outright quit Airsoft for a while). I probably can't make a very good BBB case now, and I have no personal gain from it.

If you're not upgrading, KWA is probably the best base gun you can get for the money (unless you care more about externals, then it'd be G&P or VFC). Also, why do anything non-ASGI if not upgrading? I basically shop ASGI exclusively for non upgrades.

The videos and whole marketing thing... That's brainwashing. It's ridiculous. They literally make people spend thousands to realize they didn't get a top tier gun. They're fun videos to watch, but I almost feel guilty watching them knowing someone less informed could see my view and assume ASGI is credible, and slowly sink into their combat machine demise.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  10. Axis

Take Systema for example. On Facebook and in general they glorify Systema by putting many of their parts in their custom guns.

I still think they're a reliable retailer though. After I get my tac gear tomorrow I'll take a few pictures and slap a review of them on here.

11. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    No doubt they're reliable. Just got some cheapo OE tech MOLLE from them yesterday. Like I said, actively order from them. They're liars, but yeah, theyre reliable.

12. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    I actually feel bad saying this... One time, i bought a set of 6 pmags, and one of them was broken. They automatically sent me another box set of 6, and I got to keep the 5 other mags. What am I supposed to do with 11 pmags!?!? Jk. I will savor every one.

13. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Send them too me :D I need moar mags!!!!

14. Axis

I got the MOD vest along with some pouches in my order. Kind of off topic, but does OE TECH's gear hold up well? I haven't had any before now.

15. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    It's worked well for me.

I was gonna get the MOD vest, but out of stock. Waiting on restock ATM.

16. ClockEO

ClockEO New Member

Hey I'm really sorry you had such bad experiences with evike Airsoftimus Prime. I wish you did not give them and F though because I know plenty of people including myself who like to purchase through evike. Maybe we just got lucky? Anyway I wish you luck if you buy from evike again. Clock from Empire Operations.

17. AirSplat

AirSplat New Member

:confused::confused: Really? We got dragged into this?! :eek:

Are we collateral damage in this case? :)

We're sorry to hear you don't like our site layout. We've tried very hard to make sure categories and sub categories are very clear. And have 2 different search features.

Do me a favor and try again, let me know if it's really as bad as who you compared us to. ;)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  18. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    You can't say Evike in your posting? AMERICA. Anyways, you need to appeal to your customers one of 3 ways: mass advertising (you), prettyful sight layout (ASGI) or good products (clandestine, granted this is the least profitable).

Remember when you sell things, it comes down to the last 2. If you're not planning on stocking a full line of SHS internals you should probably invest more into making your sight more like ASGI. SO MANY PICTURES!!!

Just a tip though, I'm sure you guys are much more intelligent when it comes to business then me.

19. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
    +1, and maybe a mobile sight? It gets kind of annoying zooming in to click everything. Just my $0.02

Edit: But then again, maybe its my fault for not having a computer lol.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  20. Axis

Aaaand we're friends.