Evike Notice

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Mav1457, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Mav1457

Mav1457 New Member

I figured you all should know the hassle I am dealing with from Evike.com
    I recently ordered about 135 dollars worth of accessories including a condor ACU pattern chest rig, the stock status was in stock and still is, however they sent me a back-order notice and partially shipped my order, so I sent them an email asking why it said in stock still and when would my vest ship out. To that I got the following email: Dear Customer, The vests are in stock and will ship out to you shortly.

So I kindly waited another week until today and sent them another email and got this reply from the same customer service guy: Dear Customer, The vests may take another week or 2 for them to arrive to our warehouse.

Keep in mind the website here Evike.com - Tactical Apparel/Gear | Evike.com - Chest Rig & Harness | Evike.com - Condor 7 Pocket Chest Rig - ACU. (REGULAR $29.99) |

still lists the item as in stock.

I am getting no customer service and no professionalism at all and I thought you should know.

2. MFairtap

MFairtap New Member

Thats unfortunate :/

3. EGAaron

EGAaron New Member

Sorry to hear that I had orderd some items from them and I got them right away but one of the things i got was some bb's and there was a hole in it kinda sucked but that was the only prob I had with them

4. Mav1457

Mav1457 New Member

Here is me and evikes correspondance

I recently made my first purchase with your company, and I must say I'm disappointed. I am irritated to see that you do not update your items with stock status as the condor chest rig I ordered is apparently on back-order yet your site indicates it is still in stock; I would not have purchased it if otherwise. I also checked it today and it is still listed as an in stock item yet I have no idea when it will arrive. I understand that you may be overloaded with customers and sales however I feel the site should have been updated so I could have chosen a different in stock color unless all are sold out who knows.

Evike Says:
    Dear Customer,

The vests have come in and they will be shipped out to you shortly.

Thank you for Airsofting and thank you for shopping with Evike.com. Your #1 Airsoft shop!

Will | Customer Service | evike.com Inc.
    136 S. San Gabriel Blvd
    San Gabriel, CA 91776
    Tel: (626) 286-0360
    Fax: (626) 285-8622

Next Email:Any word on when my ACU Condor Chest Rig will ship out?

Evike:
    Dear Customer,

It may take another week or so before it arrives at our warehouse.

Thank you for Airsofting and thank you for shopping with Evike.com. Your #1 Airsoft shop!

Will | Customer Service | evike.com Inc.
    136 S. San Gabriel Blvd
    San Gabriel, CA 91776
    Tel: (626) 286-0360
    Fax: (626) 285-8622

My latest email with no reply:
    According to this email the item is not currently in stock, please kindly explain....1) Your previous email states "The vests have arrived and they will ship out to you shortly" that was dated Monday 4/5/2010 at 12:46 pm and it was sent by you. 2) According to your own website seen here, Evike.com - Tactical Apparel/Gear | Evike.com - Chest Rig & Harness | Evike.com - Condor 7 Pocket Chest Rig - ACU. (REGULAR $29.99) |, it is still in stock. I would like to know why I am being told and shown 2 very different things. I needed this for a birthday which has since passed if you updated the stock status to out of stock I would not have picked this for them, that I could deal with, however what I find so extremely irritating is the lack of customer service and professionalism.
    I would greatly appreciate the owners email address.

5. Mav1457

Mav1457 New Member

not to mention the back order notice I recieved in my partial package was riddled with typos and was very high school-er like, I also ordered a PEQ-II sticker set, and the caution sticker reads as follows: Caution INVISIBLE LASER DEFINITION DO NOT STARE INTO BEAM NEVER PLACE THE IR ILLUMINATION ON ITS FACE(SLEW DOWN) WHILE ON THE DULB AND THE IR DOT GENERATES INTERCE HEAT AND COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO THIS PRODUCT OR THESULPACE IT IS ON. ONLY REPLACE THE EXPACT AND BATTERY WHEN THIS PRODUCT IS DETACKED FROM THE FIREARM.

LOL LOL so sad

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Evike does this WAY too often. I had a friend spend $500+ , they sent him half the order and on the receipt the items he did get simply said "Back Order". No apologies, never gave him an expected arrival date.
    After numerous emails he finally got a reply from them which basically said "We're awaiting our next shipment of items"

He tried calling to change his order, only to find out he's have to re-pay for shipping if he changed the order. The item finally came 6 weeks later.

What's funny is I still have 3 guys I play with who swear by evike, so everytime this happens they give excuses for evike instead of saying it's just bad on evike's part.

7. Mav1457

Mav1457 New Member

500 bucks and still shotty service, the company is going to struggle to get a good reputation back if they ever had one if they keep up with this crap

8. Brazzy

Brazzy New Member

Providence
    Yes Evike does this often. Its something to expect from time to time. Has anyone here ever been to the Evike store, or know anyone who has? Just looking at pictures and hearing about the volume of people walking in and out of that store that you'd understand that keeping up with the inventories listed on line would be very difficult. Luckily they constantly have an inflow of merchandise to combat the volume of sales they do. All in all you will get your order. They offer some of the best pricing of any US retailer, free shipping for over $100 and they have coupon codes. They arent scamming you. You will get your order. So what if it takes a few more days than expected. I know we all act like a kid on Christmas when the box shows up on your front door, but lets all remember the old times when orders from some old retailers would arrive and every box was a mystery box. Sometimes you'd get what you paid for, other times not so much. Sometimes you werent lucky enough to receive anything at all. Overall Evike gives you quality products, reasonably priced, in a timely manner. Be happy that they ship partial orders. Other retailers would hold your ENTIRE order just to wait for the one thing on back order, OR charge you extra shipping to ship it separately (just had a retailer call me to pitch me that one). Just be patient and be happy that you can be confident that you will receive all your items as they were described and in good condition. In all honesty its not worth complaining about.

9. Mav1457

Mav1457 New Member

all they have to do is input the number of how many they have into the system and when one is purchased it is deducted automatically via the system and the system they have should do this unless they turned that function off, and when an inventory of an item runs out it auto switches the product to out of stock, ASGI does this, Airsoft Megastore Does it, Airsoft Atlanta does it, Shortyusa Does it and even Airsplat.

I feel it is perfectly well to complain about bad service when I am the one helping to keep them in business and their pockets stuffed.

10. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    that's the only store i buy from...and yes, it's ALWAYS busy, mostly cuz 99% of the people who go in don't know exactly what they want beforehand (when you can just go online and narrow it down before you get there), and have to check out 25 different m4's before they decide which one they want...it doesn't matter what time of day i go, it's always busy (saturdays are the worst)...the last time i was there a guy was buying like a few thousand dollars' worth of guns and accessories...

11. crusher37

crusher37 New Member

I ordered my G&G M4 from them and they backordered it atleast 3-5 times before I actually got it 3 months later in terrible packaging. I got the combat machine and all they did was wrap the actual airsoft box with that crappy brown paper, that other retailers use for packing. All they did was wrap the gun box with one layer of thar paper and thats it.

12. johngol10

johngol10 Grunt Life Supporting Member

Camp Pendleton
    Holy **** that sucks. I got my Dboy's M16 off them like nothing...wow....

13. crusher37

crusher37 New Member

yeah I no and after my dad called them, he cussed them out and they still never did anything except saying it will take a couple weeks to get the shipment. And it took them almost a week to respond to my emails. Every one of their departments need some fixing in order to keep their customers, because this has been happening way too often.

14. Brazzy

Brazzy New Member

Providence
    As I stated previously. Any idea on their instore volume? Online volume? Have you seen the size of their store? Its nothing like any of the retailers you listed above. On top of that other retailers do the exact same thing when they are in this predicament. They are simply not in this situation as often. Mostly due to the volume. On top of that they are in the same boat as us. They dont manufacture the products and ship them from overseas. When the quantity of a product diminishes they look to restock. That process does not happen over night since every product we use is from some Asian country. I'm sure they are hoping that their shipment comes arrives in a timely manner so they do not run out of stock of an item.

One more thing. If you look at reviews online you will see that this happens. yet you order online knowing that regardless of retailer that this situation COULD happen to you. Despite the complaints, the next time someone here wants something that they have, and they have it at the best price listed, that person will place the order knowing full well it could be back ordered. If it does get back ordered they will complain. Buyer beware.

As I stated before. Their service is not bad. A majority of the time you get your entire order 7 days from when you placed it. They do tell you that it is back ordered. They do not know when it will come in, but they tell you that you will get it as soon as possible. In all honesty what more do you want? I'm sure on the phone they are sick of 14 year olds *****ing about their back ordered LPEG. They dont know when they will get it so what can they tell you? Calling them will not get you your product any faster. Once again rest assured that you will get it.

On another note I placed an order with dynamic armament. I ordered a bunch of items for my AR15 including a Magpul bad lever which they said was in stck, but was not. O well. They call me and say that I can either have my entire order wait until the BAD lever comes in (they have no idea when it will arrive), or ship the rest of my order (a bunch of Pmags and a stock wrench) now and charge my credit card an additional $4.95 to ship the BAD lever at a later date. Now thats a ****** deal. Considering how other retailers (in and out of airsoft) treat you, evike is not that bad.

15. johngol10

johngol10 Grunt Life Supporting Member

Camp Pendleton

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH so true..

16. Mav1457

Mav1457 New Member

LOL Brazzy you defend evike as if you work there, I have seen there store and its impressive along with the customer influx as well as their online traffic, and by seeing their store you will know that condor owns the warehouse right next to theirs. All I am pointing out is they should be abit more efficient, and yes the system I'm talking about accounts for in store purchases but hey I don't run the store. Instead of vigorously defending evike you could just see that I was venting and informing others about their lack there of customer service, and as you can see I am not alone

17. buztone

buztone New Member

you know what is going to happen? If they got a lot of customers coming in and buying and theres so much buying going on that there running out of stock and people are buying huge loads from them, then they are going to have a burst of money and they could open up another shop, build a warehouse, more employes and such. If this has been going on for awhile now like lets say 5-12 months then they dont have a very good owner/mangement.

18. Divided Volta

Divided Volta New Member

By the way... the whole "system" mentioned earlier never works that way.
    Those stock keeping systems constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, mess up. Having worked for a large retail chain (I guarantee you have one within 30 miles of you) you never know just what's going to happen when you scan an item in or out. Maybe you accidentally scan it twice, maybe you scan one item more than once. Maybe it's put in the wrong area.

To expect that a retailer, any retailer really, to be able to keep pinpoint accuracy with regards to their stock is just plain unrealistic.

That's my only gripe with this thread. Who am I to judge what anyone else deems good or bad customer service...

19. Mav1457

Mav1457 New Member

You can pick apart my post and decide what you don't like about it but the fact is I and apparently many others are fed up with their crap, and so what they misplaced 100's of condor vests, thats my fault, so I will grow up and put on my big boy pants and just keep letting companys get over on me.

20. Divided Volta

Divided Volta New Member

Well, if you want to go ahead and flip out you can do that as well.

You said it, it was incorrect, and thought you may want to know that. Companies screw up all the time, and I certainly hope you get everything sorted out quickly.

And just so you know, plenty of people have had spectacular experiences with Evike. I don't see why you're being downright combative. Not everyone agrees with you, and there's nothing wrong with that.