Excessive RAS accessories..

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by TheLost, Dec 6, 2012.

1. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Westerville
    Who else hates excessive accessories? Like more than you would use? Opinions?

And by the way, I've seen a few people with rails on their stocks, as I'm sure a couple of you have as well... and I'm not talking for monopods, I'm talking random rails on the sides and even the top... Why would one do this? It makes no sense to me at all

Just saying.. we DON'T need another

[​IMG]

2. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Rails on the stock are for external battery boxes.

3. TheLost

TheLost Conductor of the Poop Train Supporting Member

Westerville
    Was not aware of that! why thank you! But anyways, your opinion on excessive accessories? It annoys me to no end, and frankly looks cheesy. (personally)

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    "Excessive" is subjective. I think by definition we all dislike excessive things on rails because excessive specifically means too much. But how much is too much is going to be different for every person. Do you have a realistic starting point for us to work with to make this discussion even close to meaningful or no?

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I personally don't care as long as each attachment has a purpose. I only find it excessive when I see 4 flashlights on the side of a Daniel Defense rail or in that picture, with the 10+ sights.

6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    [​IMG]

We got a compound eyes hater!

I personally haven't seen much use for rails except for a grip, I understand a few people trying to replicate weapons used by military units, and those who needs scopes and all that, but not for me.

7. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

And rail covers. You can never have enough XTM rail covers. :p

8. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Funny you should say so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Great minds think alike I guess.

9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Really? Rail covers on the scope rail? Never seen that before. Generally you put rail covers where your hands might go to protect your hands from the sharp rails (airsoft rails are blunt, a lot of real steel rails are quite pointy and cut-y).

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Funny you should say, it's sad because I almost cut my hand trying to mount on my A.C.M EOtech the other day. I'm probably the only person on Earth that would need scope-rail covers.

Hubba Hubba.....All that needs is an H&K trademark.

11. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    I had a lot of rail covers to drink last night....what can I say, I don't have any optics so I was like meh, I guess I'll try it on for size, I probably don't need the covers over the rails all the way to the front of the rail either but again, I have a lot.

12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    [​IMG]

Also, iron sights might help.

13. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    I generally do have a set of ACM MBUS on, but I just sold all of mine, future ball (they've gotten a bit better before we hate on them) is really small so never felt much need for optics.

14. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Do you ever come out to other games in Michigan? I can't recall if we've ever actually met.

15. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Afraid not still a high schooler and my parents don't like driving me far:/ But hey if I stop being so lazy I intend to start driving this spring and would like to get over to off limits.

16. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    One of the only people, I've actually cut my eyebrow open with my top rail, by loosing my grip when I went to pick my gun up, and it whacked me in the face and cut my eyebrow open. So I might get some rail covers to protect my eyebrows.

17. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    I actually laughed to this lol I'm sorry

18. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    Na, it's fine. I was actually laughing while typing that, it's a pretty fun story to tell people, and they get a good laugh out of it. :D

19. kevincull

kevincull New Member

I hate to many rail ascecory because I run light,

20. fuzytoaster91

fuzytoaster91 New Member

Yep I do to useless and a waste of money carry what you need red dot grip mag and stock