Experienced players comments on the G&P M4 V5 MK18, KWA KM4A1, or ECHO1 XCR

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Demosthenes, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

G&P M4 V5 MK18, KWA KM4A1, or ECHO1 XCR. I'm having troubles choosing one of these guns. I just want to hear what experienced players think about these guns.

2. twp397

twp397 New Member

Friendswood
    Just gonna let you know, everybody on this forum is gonna tell you to get the G&P.

3. RCV

RCV New Member

I'd go with the XCR. Best all around and is extremely unique.

4. Cole631

Cole631 New Member

Philadelphia
    G&P M4- Going to be the most upgradable, top notch externals, decent stock rate of fire and all around performance.

MK18- IMO cooler looking than a standard m4, you got the rails for attachments if you want em, and its rear wired which I find more convenient than front wired guns. It will also be compatable with all of the TM upgrades.

KWA M4- Debatably will be better performing and last longer than the G&P when left stock, but uses many proprietary parts: Externals are off spec, alot of v2 gearbox upgrades will need modifications to fit, etc. KWA says they are "Lipo ready" but they do not have a mosfet in them so really its best to not be using one. Also IIRC they use 9mm bearings which alot of people do not like because they break easier than normal bushings. Also OEM replacement parts are pretty freakin pricey. They are a decent gun out of the box and will probably last you a while, but they are not for someone who wants to get into upgrading.

XCR- Never actually shot or seen one on field, but I believe they use medium length motors which are a little tricky to hunt down. Should be compatable with all TM upgrades being manufactured by ECHO 1 too. This is going to be the most unique option and you won't be like everyone else on the field running around with an m4 variant.

Hope this helps you out!

5. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Either the VFC MK18 or 416/417, Echo 1 XCR or the G&P. KWA is overpriced and not as good performer as these. It's pretty much whichever you like the best. All have about the same performance except the KWA. XCR is just sexy to look at and so is the 416/417 and any VFC rifle.

6. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    IIRC, the Echo 1 is a VFC OEM Gun. I would take that. I have heard good things about them.

7. Reviathon

Reviathon New Member

Kent
    Based on what I have seen, the G&P is a lawnmower out of the box. Externals are pretty good, internals are pretty good, etc etc the basics will last a year, three years maybe. And if you just picked up a standard G&P M4A1, finding a RAS will be expensive. You can either get a G&P proprietary RAS unit, which isn't a bad idea, or you can get adapters for the G&P threading to get any different RAS. But keep in mind, M4 RAS's are not universal.

But if I wanted a new gun... I would probably go for the XCR. It is so sexy, not exactly an M4, but mag compatible (I think... Don't quote me on it.) and I hear Echo1 is a re-brand of JG so the internals will be poorly shimmed, but otherwise very strong. I would replace the piston and cylinder head assembly anyway because I just don't like those stock. But you could probably get away with never opening it if you wanted. But like Cole631 said... Finding a motor will be a fun Google Easter hunt for you.

8. SWATCQBcounterstrike

SWATCQBcounterstrike New Member

carmel
    KWA is a pistol Company their Rifles are ok but Over Priced for how well they perform so go the G&P just best buy.

9. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Get the XCR. I think VFC is better than G&P.

10. TheKillerGrizzly

TheKillerGrizzly New Member

Spring Arbor
    While it's not one of the items originally mentioned, have you ever considered a Classic Army? Lots of people will probably disagree, but I find that they have the best external quality of all of the AR lines out there, and regardless of all the people who "know a guy who knows a guy who got a lemon," they are very reliable when taken excellent care of.

11. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I agree, but the XCR is better. You will no be disappointed.

12. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Evidently you haven't held a VFC.

13. Scarred

Scarred New Member

When I compared the external quality of my VFC to my Classic Army I was amazed that the Classic Army felt like a cheap China clone. Buy the VFC.

14. TheKillerGrizzly

Spring Arbor
    I have held numerous VFCs, and yes they're absolutely beautiful. Their SCARs were dogged with problems, but their M4 line seems to be growing in popularity. They just don't offer anything as of this moment that I would be interested in buying.

15. TheKillerGrizzly

Spring Arbor
    How old was your Classic Army, and was it a proline, or one of their God-awful sportlines? Most peoples' experience with the full-metal Classic Army replicas are of CAs from ten years ago. Their sportlines on the other hand, are just junk all-around.