External build for a m4

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jimjam321, Oct 9, 2012.

1. jimjam321

jimjam321 New Member

So I have a g&p sr15 body with the g&p 8mm gearbox with the m120 motor. Now that my internals and the base gun are done I'm looking for new externals for my baby. I'm looking for rails, around 16" barrel or higher and the gun I wired to the back.

2. jimjam321

jimjam321 New Member

My budget is around $350 so can people give me some ideas? Thanks!

3. sandtiger

sandtiger New Member

Depends on what you want! I like the look of tan and black so I would throw on tan magpul rail covers, a tan foregrip, a crane stock, and vltor side mounted bipod. And evike has all the way up to 18" outer barrels (maybe longer on airsoft club, ehobby, or shootercbgear) so why not a 12-14 inch free float rail system with that and call it good?

4. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    Try getting an RIS made by madbull. Just make sure that it supports a fake as tube, I know for a fact that the DD lite 9" RIS doesn't support one. As for the stock, I hold a 7.4V 2000 mah lipo in my buffer tube, that's something only G&P buffer tubes can do, the problem is that the wires stick out of the back. A CTR stock would cover them but wouldn't be able to retract all the way. A crane stock would hold a larger battery more comfortably, but it's up to whatever style you like.

5. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    G&P thread pitch is different on their uppers. Madbull rails won't fit right without a G&P based thread barrel nut (madbull makes then I believe). G&P makes some nice RIS platforms. As for the barrel, madbull makes some solid outer barrels.

Stock wise, go with what you want. You can always run a battery in a PEQ.

6. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    Get a UBR!!! That is my dream. Also, if you want a new receiver go with vltor. Their forward assist is just.... Mmmm ;)

7. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Like this?

[​IMG]

Be jelly:) be very jelly.

8. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    I will give you 25 bucks for that.

In all seriousness, all that gun needs now is a AFG, and a vltor, or Magpul receiver. Everything else is utterly perfect.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lol. I don't like AFGs. I also don't wanna change out the VFC reciever. It's daniel defense for Gods sake! Lol.

10. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    $350? I can work with that. Be warned, I love Madbull. The following parts are relatively new/unique and should give the gun a nice look, while being separate from the AR15 crowd.

Noveske Silver Outer Barrel 16" (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_101_277&products_id=37455) Gives some contrast to the front end.

Echo 1 SOPMOD Skeleton Stock-Long (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_113_556&products_id=28680) I personally like it, it'll fit a stick LiPo and looks very unique, especially compared to all the Magpul you normally see.

Madbull DNTC Aggressive Compensator (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_87&products_id=28269) Looks badass, and, again, it'll be different, not to mention look better.

Madbull RAS (Your choice). I've assembled a small collection of Madbull RAS systems I personally like. You can look for more, but if you want a unique, awesome look then pick one of these.

-Troy 13" Battle Rail (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_106_286&products_id=36981) I'm currently in love with this thing, it's lightweight, looks cool and unique, and is pretty comfortable. The 13" length should pair well with the 16" outer barrel.

-SWS 12.7" RAS (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_106_286&products_id=38921) A good-looking RAS, similar to a Noveske RAS but more aggressive, and unique.

-VTAC 11" Battle Rail (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_106_286&products_id=36984) Another handguard/rail, lightweight, comfortable, and looks good. I personally don't have a thing for this one, but again, it's your gun.

-Spikes Tactical 12" RAS (http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_106_286&products_id=39592) Similar to the SWS, but this looks more...sinister. Like it's going to bite you.

The stock, RAS, outer barrel and flash hider should add up to around $250 before coupons, tax, or shipping. That leaves plenty of money for your own accessories (vertical grips, optics, flashlights/lasers, BUIS, rail covers, etc.) Those should be decided based on personal taste, like what your stance is, mask, play area, etc. Good luck!

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You forgot G&P receivers have different threading than mad bull RAS.

12. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    Would you like some peanut butter on that jelly sandwich?

Magpul lower is going on as soon as I get a few minutes.

I don't have any pics of my 10" upper:/

Pics are terrible quality. iPhone + low lighting = poo.

Attached Files:

13. jimjam321

jimjam321 New Member

I am thinking of trying something like that now. I like that look thanks!

14. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    I forgot to mention that in my post, but to OP, DD and Noveske rail nuts are the only ones available right now. If you want any other rail systems (as far as I know these barrel nuts aren't compatible with any other rails) then you'll need to rethread with the madbul DRM tool. It's just a die to cut the right size threads, though I have heard people have good luck with just scraping the paint off their threads with a file, though that's always seemed like a PITA to me.

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If you use that DRM tool, make sure you apply oil to the area you are cutting. They also make G&P specific barrel nuts IIRC. Yeah, the rail themselves will fit, there barrel nuts will not.

16. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    Magpul, magpul, and when you're done try a bit of magpul.

17. chumbro

chumbro New Member

wilsonville
    2 UBRs?!?!!? Not fair.

18. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Damnit, I am also super jelly. That is what I wanted to do to my M4 except with an MOE stock. Also, whats the base gun?

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Base gun was a SOCOM Gear Daniel Defense M4 (OEM by VFC). I have a lot of money in that thing. Lol.

20. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    I want one now. How much was it? (Sorry about thread jacking OP) I can't look seen as I'm at school right now and don't have time to search Evike or wherever.