External upgrade to m14

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by qurfy, Jul 27, 2012.

1. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    Basically I'm looking into new stock/frame for my cyma m14,(I'm happy with the many internal upgrades and mods) This is partly for looks, and I would like it to be more durable than the stock one so I can "rough it up in the woods" so to speak. My price range is a little over 200$. I don't mind if it's same look as long as it will be much more durable than the stock stock/frame. Thanks ahead of time.

2. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=4047
    And this:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=4642

Or this:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=5651

Then a UTG bipod and a long 2 point sling and your set. Plus a high eye relief recon scope.

A M14 doesn't have the same capabilities as a M4. You don't have a Buffertube, standard sight rails, or foregrip.

The only useable upgrade will be RAS/RIS and a bipod. You can't reach the foregrips.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012

3. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Here's what you want the finished product to look like.

Attached Files:

4. thesniper23

thesniper23 New Member

HEY!!!! Where in the name of mike is the grenade launcher hmmmm!?!

5. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Where is the grenade launcher in your display pic? Not every gun needs a grenade launcher. Especially an M14.

OP, you could go with an EBR kit. I'll have one up for grabs in a few days. I'll trade you your Cyma stock and some cash for it.

Other than what was mentioned, there's not really much else you can do with an M14.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  6. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    Could you send some pics of the EBR? What condition is it in? And how much would you like for it with my cyma stock? Oh btw is that a real M14 in the pic there?

7. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Bring this to the PMs:). It's in good condition. Painted a tan and black color. It came off an E1 EBR I believe. One stripped screw which was fixed by making it a flat head.

8. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
  9. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    I don't think that will work on a CYMA M14.

10. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    I'm still looking but is there a polymer m14 stock out there for airsoft?

11. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    CYMA M14s come with a plastic stock already. Unless you get the wood version. The G&G and CA M14s have slightly better externals but use different mags and are considerably more expensive.

12. Keegan3R3B

Keegan3R3B New Member

Blaine
    There isn't really a reason for all of that rail space. You might put a bi-pod on but m14 bi-pods attach to the bayonet lug (i think that's what it's called). You won't be putting on lasers, flashlights or any of that jazz, it's a longer range weapon so there isn't really a point.
    All you'll need is the optic rail mount, an m14 or clamp on bi-pod and the wood/polymer stock of your choice.

13. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    Is there a place I could get that kit for a cheaper price, or any m14 kit for a cheaper price? Or is evike the cheapest?

14. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

But it looks 2000% better with that rail kit. And yes that's a real m14. You see the bullets and spotters scope on the table??

15. qurfy

qurfy New Member

Burlington
    I agree the rail kit makes it a very sexy gun.