External upgrades

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by dman10, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Well, if you want to keep it wired to the front, you will have to get a PEQ box for the battery, as one can't fit in the RIS.
    Also, Im not sure of the threading on that M4, but you should check to see if the threading on the flash hider matches the barrel.

2. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    Well, I was planning on have two upper receivers for it, the one it has now and a longer barreled receiver for sniping, and have a peq box on it will make that harder and more time consuming.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if you dont use a PEQ you will need to rewire your gun to the rear. You can fit a battery in the RIS but not one really worth doing.
    You will need to purchase a seperate upper as well and you have to make sure it matches up to your lower. The aftermath lower receiver, i may be incorrect but, i believe that it only matches up correctly with an aftermath upper.
    You can buy a whole new body for it and get two uppers in that case if you want though.
    Also, a longer barrel doesnt make it a sniper. In most cases it doesnt even give you better range or accuracy. Better hopup and bucking with a 6.04 or smaller barrel will give you your distance and accuracy.

4. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Well, if you don't want a PEQ then you have to wire it to the rear. If you want a RIS, but still want it wired to the front, you NEED a PEQ, not having one and having the battery in the RIS (which probably won't fit) will be even more of a hassle.
    This is true.
    That should be fine, personally, I would go for one that has a battery, it may seem more expensive, but after you buy a separate battery for that one, it will be about the same cost.

5. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012