Externally whats the difference?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by MilsimMayhem, Sep 10, 2012.

1. MilsimMayhem

MilsimMayhem New Member

Brentwood
    I want to get a PDW and upgrade it but do not know what brand I should get. I do not really care about internals, but would there be much of a difference between the external quality/ durability between different brands?

I am looking at the cheaper models.
    -Dboys, Matrix, Bravo, or any other brand I can find used locally.

Would any brand be better than the other externally? Also would all of these accept a normal V2 gearbox?

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    All three of them are the same gun. Bravo/ DBOYS makes it in general but on evike it says matrix on it because matrix rebrands guns.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    depending on how much you have to spend, get the VFC KA model. It is amazing and is fully functional and will be the most realistic and last the longest externally but you are also going to be spending a **** ton of money.
    There is also the WE GBBR version that is fully functional and has the open bolt system so you have to, like the real thing, close the bolt every reload. Thats realism

4. MilsimMayhem

MilsimMayhem New Member

Brentwood
    I would get the VFC but its out of my price range. Like I said I am going to fully upgrade all the internals so I do need an AEG. Are there any other models under $250 that are descent or should I just get the matrix ones on craigslist?

I could probably talk one of the matrix PDW sellers down to $125 for the gun, grip, scope, and extra mags

5. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    I have the dboys, it is great, I've had some little problems like the selector switch falling off (easy to tighten up with an allen key), and the motor height adjustment is pretty loose, but otherwise it's a great gun, the only major con is you have to buy a whole new peq box if you want to change or upgrade your battery (it comes with a 9.6v 1700 mah built into the peq.)

6. tscebu

tscebu New Member

Dayton
    If you plan to upgrade all the internals, the Dboys is the way to go, but you shouldn't keep much, as dboys internals are some of the worst on the market.