Externals for my M4

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Shadow_Nugz, Sep 7, 2012.

1. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
  2. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz Active Member

Sioux City
    I like it. How does it attach to the barrel? It looks to me like the hole on the bottom?

3. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
    Here's one on Evike that again looks similar, yet has a description on how to attach it to your barrel.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=30518

*Edit*

Madbull also has a few different styles, but there are several different types all dependent upon what you want the front of your gun to look like. Me personally, I like the look of the Vltor front flip up sight:
    [​IMG]
    It works as my front flip up sight, low profile gas block & has a QD sling swivel mount. Plus it has the trades of 90% of the rest of the gun I'm building.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  4. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    I am looking at getting a new gas block to get rid of my current one for the main reason of getting rid of integrated iron sights but I do like that one.

For the low-pro VLTOR gas block, does anyone know how long it is? My current one uses indents on the barrel to secure itself and I would like to cover those.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    have you considered folding front sights?

[​IMG]

6. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    I have the stock s system front sight that I wish to get rid of.

BTW. You totally should post a picture of the barrel of your cqb s system. I want to see how it joins with the receiver.

7. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
    The Vltor block that I pictured above will cover those barrel indents from the normal M4/M16 front post sight. As would almost all other types of barrel mounted front flip up sights.

8. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    The flip up sight one or the low profile?

I noticed that. Do those come with just the rail and no sight?

Also. I plan on getting Magpul(so unique) MBUS

9. SeanG

SeanG New Member

Bakersfield
    It all depends on the type/style that you want/like.

Most of the flip up barrel mounted front sights utilize the standard barrel indents or at least cover them.

Most of the low profile plain gas blocks are too small to utilize or even cover both of the standard front post sight indents.

Then there are some like this: http://madbull.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_33&products_id=125 that seem to utilize them as well as give you a small addition of a rail on top of it. You could use this rail for your MBUS sights if your RIS was at the same height as the top of this gas block.

But if your new RIS covers the existing indents, and you're just looking for a way to keep the image of having the gas tube inside your rail system then get one of the plain low profile gas blocks which will be hidden inside your rail and slap on your MBUS sights up top.

10. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    After some (more) consideration, I think I am going to build a new upper that I will be able to put on in place of the S System RIS. I want to go with a long RIS system that covers a lot of the barrel and leaves plenty of rail real estate.
    [​IMG]
    Like this

However, I have never done a build (usually sticking to figuring out a base gun with desire features) such as this.

http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_95&products_id=31886
    Upper Receiver

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/5ku-14-5inch-aluminum-outer-barrel-for-m4-series-aeg-black.html

Overall, aiming for a 10.5 barrel with a ~10inch RIS, low profile or railed gas block.

11. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
  12. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Has anyone ever changed out a JG polymer receiver for a metal receiver?

13. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    No I haven't yet, but I will tell you that you need a 1 piece metal hopup chamber.

14. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Just so anyone who sees this knows, I will just update this post!
    So I actually switched a bunch of stuff up and went ahead and made my purchases.

Coming in(soon hopefully) will be a MK18 RIS II from WarIdiot(my first try with them), an upper receiver, outer barrel, pmags and PEQ-2 from Evike(I know and trust them) and rail ladders and a crane stock from AliExpress(first try with them as well).

So far, all I can comment on are prices, ease of use and customer service.

Evike:
    Prices: I picked up some Beta Project PMags, a PEQ-2 box(front wired gun), a JG ABS upper receiver(metal can come later) and a 10.5 outer barrel. The prices were good, especially on the PMags which I bought as a set of 5.

Ease of use: I am a personally a huge fan of Evike's layout. Payment was simple and pain-free.
    One of orders has been shipped (don't ask) while the other is in that annoying part right before they are sent to the truck.
    Both packages due to arrive on Monday the 22nd! Unfortunately right after my fall break is over.
    Both packages are due by tomorrow by the end of the day, unfortunately, I accidentally set one to be shipped to my home town instead of the city I am going to college in, it is only half an hour away thankfully. Getting antsy!

Customer service: No interaction yet.

War Idiot:
    Prices: I purchased the MK18 RIS for $10 less than T Tiger on Airsoft Forums was going for. My other option was from AliExpress but I wanted to tryout War Idiot.

Ease of use: The process of buying stuff is... Odd. You go through and give them your info, then they email you to pay them through paypal. They are part of the larger Asia Airsoft group so there has to be something behind them(hopefully)
    The product has been shipped, but will take up to two weeks. Considering I used to purchase fine resin models from the U.K. to midwest America, I am used to long shipping times.Considering this is going to take ANOTHER week to come, I am evaluating purchasing from China in the future. For sure I won't make the same mistake again with vastly different shipping times. I am also anxious that my RIS is supposed to come with full trades, which I have heard can be a problem with Customs...

Customer Service: No interaction yet
    Slight confusion with the posted product, it says that it is FDE in the description yet the title says BLK colored. Email sent, waiting for reply
    No email back yet, another email sent concerning my payment status as it says I have not paid on the order info on their website.
    Got a response from my email. No problems, just a not-too-efficient system on their part.

Ali Express:
    Prices: Very low prices for both the ladder rails and the crane stock. I had to limit myself so as not to buy unnecessary stuff!

Ease of use: To purchase from Ali Express, you essentially buy from different sellers(think eBay). But they allow you to purchase as one unit, but you will still get separate emails from the sellers about payment, shipping etc.
    Shipped and waiting
    Having some difficulties with tracking my packages. Crossing my fingers!

Customer Service: No interaction yet.

On a side note, I will be purchasing from KH Mountain in the future and so did some shopping. I came across a QD suppressor with a included flash hider, of which there were no pictures. I emailed them and "Shan" replied with pictures that were most likely very recently taken(will include if wanted). My next group of purchases will most likely be from them, mainly to see how they operate and their customer service, etc.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  15. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Updated Previous post

16. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    Update post again! Also more stuff to go on about.

If ya'll have noticed. I ordered a PEQ-2(a Block 1 attachment) to run on my Block 2(gasp!) system. This is a tide over until I can fully figure out my wiring and battery problem.

Other things I have to buy:

Optics:

BUIS:
    600m Rear Sights

Front Flip Sights

Flashlight:
    M3X

Suppressor

PEQ-15

Double Remote Control

If anyone has any cheaper suggestions(I am a poor college student after all) I would gladly look into them.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  17. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    I'm selling some magpul MBUS sights in my classified ad.

18. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    MBUS =/= SOPMOD Block 2...

19. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Lol. Precisely. :p I want pictures when you are done!

20. Shadow_Nugz

Sioux City
    No pictures of the gun but my Pmags and PEQ came in.

Simple and sturdy cardboard box.
    ForumRunner_20121022_141108.jpg

ForumRunner_20121022_141150.jpg
    Individually wrapped and fit nicely.

ForumRunner_20121022_141239.jpg
    Tightly wrapped

ForumRunner_20121022_141308.jpg
    Color versus white sheet of paper

ForumRunner_20121022_141346.jpg
    Bottom plate slides on and off securely

ForumRunner_20121022_141419.jpg
    Dummy rounds and fake spring. Pretty realistic irl

ForumRunner_20121022_141508.jpg
    Sitting in my lower. Very very very snug fit. Less wobble than mag that came with gun.

No feeding tests yet as I can't get away.