Eyewear problem!!!

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by krix0cris, Sep 21, 2015.

1. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    i ordered some goggles from wish.com (mostly chinese produtcs) and when i unpacked them today i noticed something in the instructions.
    they say not to use these goggles with paintball or any kind of simulation training. what i dont understand is that these goggles advertise that they are capable of withstand a shotgun bullet (real ammo).

so why can they protect from real bullet but not from plastic BB?

goggles are the, revision desert locust goggles

2. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    First, eyewear isn't something to skimp out on. You only get one set of eyes. You shouldn't find the cheapest set of goggles/eyewear you can find. Your goggles likely aren't actual revision goggles. They're likely clones and you probably shouldn't use them. Don't risk it.

3. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    i was planing on shooting at the goggles to test. but after seeing that these goggles cost 50+ and i payed 20, i think i should get a decent pair :/

4. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Just a heads up, "testing" eye-pro you plan on wearing for protection is not a good idea. Each impact weakens the protection qualities. Even if there are seemingly no impact marks, scratches, or anything of that nature, the eye-pro HAS been weakened. If you want to test, don't plan of wearing them after OR get a second pair.

As someone once told me, when a bullet proof vest meant to stop a 45 it hit by a 22 caliber bullet, the officer is supposed to retire the vest and get a new vest. Eventhough the vest can easily withstand the 22's impact, it does not negate the need for a new vest. Same applies to your eye-pro.

-mobile device-

5. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    the goggles came with 3 pairs of "glass" clean, darken and yellow. i was thinking of shooting the yelllow since i dont think i will use it.

i finished checking a airsoft store near me (100 km) and i will buy a 5x more expensive pair of goggles. i would like to keep my eyes :) and its better safe than sorry :)

6. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    A BB fired at point blank carries far more energy than a BB that's traveled 30 yards. Besides, testing it first means the lens is already weakened, so it's more likely to crack/shatter/fail after the first real hit than with an undamaged lens.

OP, you do realize you can buy surplus ballistic goggles from Ebay for less than $30? I got my Revisions for $28 from there and I've also seen ESS and Arena Flakjak.

7. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    I have revision goggles and they are fantastic.. if you don't get the kind with fans then you may want to tear out some of the foam to reduce fogging though. They've held up well the last 3 years.

However if you shoot at one of the other lens that you won't use, and it holds up to the shot pretty well, then I would say you are safe to use those goggles. Just make sure you do the test with your most powerful gun. You never know what people might have at the fields.

8. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    you should give it a bit more tought. you think a little piece of foam is going to stop a BB?

update on this thread:

i bought a good pair of goggles today and in the intructions the same thing was written. not for paintball or airsoft.

can someone explain why can these goggles take a real bullet but not a bb? or are the manufacturers just trying to make extra money with airsoft special goggles?

ps: goggles purchased in a airsoft dedicated shop at a very good price (smith optics otw field)

9. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Have you confirmed is these are legit Revision as opposed to a knock-off? Knock-offs run rampant, especially in the airsoft world because a majority of airsoft guns and accessories from from Asia aka the capitol of fakes and knock-offs (Case and point, EOTech and similar optics).
    Not saying your retailer is shady or questionable, the problem could have easily originated at distribution.

Compare packaging and manuals.

-mobile device-

10. krix0cris

krix0cris New Member

breitenbach
    I asked the retailer and he says it might be written because of legal issues in US.