Fab Podium vs. Traditional Bipod, which is better?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Recoil-Savvy Airsofter, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Recoil-Savvy Airsofter

Recoil-Savvy Airsofter Member

Richmond
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will just let my video speak for itself:

The difference of recoil control (if any) between Fab Podium & traditional bipod:

The height difference between Fab Podium & traditional bipod when aiming the same point:

So you still have doubts on how it deploys? Well, the only thing I'm sure is that it does kick, a lot!

[​IMG]

Thoughts? Ideas?
    Would you choose Fab Podium over the traditional bipod?

Extra info:
    I do realize the design of the test was NOT fair to the Traditional Bipod since it was tested after quite a few shots already fired. The way I was holding the gun to control the recoil could be better. Green laser was considered for the height diffference comparison test.... In short, I got lazy... it was just for fun!

The mag is stock and I'd suggest to try BadaBing's mag mods for better gas efficiency. I did it for my other 3 mags and they were working great.

RA STEEL BUFFER was installed in my TM MWS M4 GBB. The recoil is of course much more stronger than stock.

Green Gas was used for the test.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Turns an AR into a ground braced LMG...in format.

Not what I would want if I was lying flat on the ground and trying to stay low. Plus the Bi-pod helps stabilizes barrel movement. Fab devices does not help in that manner.

3. Recoil-Savvy Airsofter

Recoil-Savvy Airsofter Member

Richmond
    Hi, thanks for your kind input!

I do prefer the traditional bipod personally, it is more stable as you said but there are downsides to some people (not me):

1. Somewhat front-heavy, but good for workout
    2. Not very "30-round mag" friendly, unless you extend the bipod when lying flat on the ground
    3. Easy to get caught by twigs while walking in woods

All in all, I'd go with traditional one since I am very used to the said downsides already and it tames the recoil much better than Fab Podium!

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    The weight is negligible for me when I have something with a Bipod. Normally I don't use an AR with a STANAG and a Bipod. And if I do, I use a Grip Pod.

When I do use a Bipod for my TTR for sighting it in...the recoil is negligible...

5. r_mank44

r_mank44 Member

I prefer the traditional bipod. Most of the time when I play, I don’t even use the bipod, but there are still quite a bit of times where it comes in handy. Most of the time when I use it I am putting the bipod on something like a log or a steel drum barrel so the mag problem has never really been an issue for me. And even laying in prone with a 30 round m4 mag and a bipod hasn’t been a problem. Yes you may have to fully extend the bipod, but I do that anyways when I go prone just because I have to in order to shoulder the rifle correctly/comfortably