FAMAS RoF build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by sniper-assaulter, Aug 11, 2012.

1. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

I'll be starting a FAMAS build for ROF. I'm not very familiar with the F1 platform so I've got some basic questions. I'd like to use it as an LMG for fast, accurate and long-ish range. What spring should I use to get long range AND good ROF? I'm looking at a matrix motor but I'm not sure what size the FAMAS uses, I'm pretty sure it uses a medium type but I can't be sure. Also, the gearbox is full meal but it's 100% stock so do I need new gears? Air nozzle? Of course I'll be re-shimming and re-greasing. Will the Teflon tape barrel mod work on the FAMAS? Also, what width TBB should I get? I hear good things about 6.05mm but what's the best for a support weapon? Also, I'd like to throw in a LiPo 11.1v, should I go ahead and re-wire to deans and 16awg? Anything I'm missing? Sorry, a lot of nooby questions but this I my first ROF build. Thanks, I don't know much about FAMASs so at first I didn't know what to do :)

2. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    First off, the Famas is not an LMG. It's an assault rifle.

Second, it uses a V1 gearbox, so good luck finding parts for it.

For an 11.1v, get deans, 16awg, and a MOSFET.

3. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    Well FPS doesn't equal range. (There is a huge debate about that) Also, if you want more range and accuracy you will need a good hop-up and decently lengthed barrel. Depending on how fast you want the gun to shoot the gearbox is something you should look at to make sure it can handle it. And what brand is the Famas you'll be using as the build platform. Hope I could help.

4. sniper-assaulter

I wasn't asking about the spring for range, I was asking about it for maybe a higher ROF? I guess I should explain better:) ok so the brand is "palco" ok, I know what you're thinking, but here's the link: m.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3401155&cp=3077577.3084897.2295161&pg=5&parentPage=family Gee, now I feel stupid for not knowing that it was a brand I've never heard of :) And about the v1 gearbox parts, I'm pretty sure it uses the same bevil gear as the v2s do but tomorrow I'll see about the other parts

5. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    The spring won't effect the ROF.

6. sniper-assaulter

I thought it was easier and therefore faster for the gears if the spring isn't as strong

7. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Pick up a TM famas and use a 9.6v. The 560 motor has a great ROF while using a 9.6v.

8. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Yeah....The Cybergun has 8 RPS with an 8.4. UBER GOOD!