Feeding Issues

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Hiberius, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Hiberius

Hiberius Member

I’m having feeding issues in my CYMA M4. The only things I’ve changed internally are the bucking, inner barrel (Prometheus 6.01) and I did the home made flat-hop (eraser). I thought maybe it’s the mags but I used KWA K120’s and I bought them for their lack of feeding issues. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Turn the hop all the way off and look down the barrel. Is it obstructed? Do the same all the way on is it obstructed?

What packing (aka incorrectly as a bucking) did you use? The diameter of the hole could be rather tight and if you use big bore bbs. It may not feed well.

3. Hiberius

Hiberius Member

I thought maybe it was the hop up because I did do homemade mods, that might be the problem. I’ll try shaving off some of the bucking block. I used the bb’s they gave us, Elite Force .32g 6.0mm, and they worked for everyone else so I know it’s my gun. I’ll try working on the hop-up, thanks!

4. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Have you tried other BB's? I bought a bottle of Elite Force .30 gram BB's last year for testing, and they wouldn't feed properly in any of my guns, they all feed perfectly with G&G BB's. It's also possible that the magazines simply aren't compatible with the gun, something I have encountered more than once with CYMA AEG's.

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I doubt it's "true" 6mm bbs as per LEFSE's comments. Don't assume things are made to a standard in Airsoft. It's made to a guideline and it's not very well defined across the manufacturers.

6. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Most modern 6mm BBs are actually ~5.95

7. Hiberius

Hiberius Member

Do you know off the top of your head what mags wouldn’t work?

8. Hiberius

Hiberius Member

Yeah I’ve heard of people having problems with 6.01mm barrels because there’s such a tight tolerance but I didn’t think elite force would give me issues.

9. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    That hasn't been an issue for years. There's people using 5.98mm barrels now.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    And there are bbs made to 5.93mm tolerances...