Feeding problems for an AEG

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by jarhead88, Feb 5, 2012.

1. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    I thought this was the magazines and it doesn't seem to be. We have a Echo1 XCR and it misfeeds when we are out on the field. it will fire 5 perfect them 3 blanks and so on(so do come out weak). I changed different mags, nothing. I cleaned the barrel, nothing. before I start taking the whole thing apart I was hoping for some guidance.
    What are some of the things I should check or work on first?
    Thank you,

2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    You may want to check out your hop-up setting.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    hop up is first on the list as shifty said and then if thats not the problem you may want to make sure the feeding tube of the hop up is clean in the magwell section... have you lubed your gun recently with anything other than silicon oil?

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    First things first as stated above.

Check the condition of the top half of your hop chamber :) is it worn out? Had some problems with XCR's lately. Just over usage and old already.

Another problem could be the lower half of your hop chamber (feed tube). Check the the condition of that and make sure everything is straight :)

Also, check the nozzle if it's moving correctly :) some of the stock ECHO1 tapplets crack easily at the front weirdly and where it clips on the SR25 nozzle (25+ bps)

Could also be the brand of bb's. Always take that into account. Maybe the hop bucking? But that doesn't seem to be the problem.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    turn it upside down and drop a bb into the feed tube. if it shoots out the feed tube, then check for blockage (nozzle or bucking). if it shoots out the barrel fine, then clean out your mag or test with someone else's mag (midcap). if new mag also has the same issue, remove your hopup bucking and either clean or replace it.

6. Dark-Knight10

Dark-Knight10 New Member

Have you check with other type of bb? It might be your bb caused the problem as well. I will check different type of bb first, then different mags, then lastly goes to the hopup and bucking.

7. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    great, thanks, I will get to work tonight and let you all know

8. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    Quesion: I haven't started to work on the rifle, using all your suggestions but I did put a high cap mag in there rifle last night and it didn't misfeed once, put thru about 30 rounds???????/ does that make sense?//

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    yes it does, your hicaps need cleaning... use rubbing alcohol instead of spray silicone, if you do use spray silicone, make sure you wipe it all off. silicone residue will cause it to gum up and start misfeeding again.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWzYYZyViXA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWzYYZyViXA[/ame]