Feeding problems

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by Stevekrome, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Stevekrome

Stevekrome New Member

Christiansburg
    So I've had the G&g mid cap 120 Ed polymer mid caps and I can't for the life of me get them to feed properly on semi auto. Full auto they work flawlessly. But semi doesn't work at all. I've tried everything to break them in. Lubing, loading and unloading, leaving bb's in overnight. Everything. Can anyone help? Some people say these mags don't feed well and some people say they do. Who's right? Thanks

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Southern
    Try a different type of mag, if the problem goes away, your gun just doesn't like that brand mag. It happens kinda frequently, I have mags that feed perfect in one gun and won't feed at all in another.

If there is too much lube in the mag it can cause issues. Too much can sometimes be worse than not enough.

Maybe the follower has a seam or bur on it, try pulling it apart and check, if it does come apart.

3. Stevekrome

Stevekrome New Member

Christiansburg
    The guns definitely not the problem. All other mags that I use work perfectly for my aeg. I have 5 of these mid caps and all of them have the same issue so it's gotta be the mag.

Too much lube might be another problem. I might've dropped in too much oil.

I haven't been able to successfully break in any of these mid caps. Any other possible solutions? I've taken apart one of these already and it didn't seem to have any problems with it. Also the brand, G&g is the same as my gun which actually came with the same exact mag when I bought it.

4. Zaryk

Southern
    I would say it has a problem then. Too much oil, kinked spring, or a seam or bur on the follower most likely. Pull it apart and try to clean up some of the oil and check the parts carefully.

On a side note, my G&G Scar-L doesn't like G&G mags of any sort, even the hi cap that was included in the box. Just because it's the same brand doesn't always mean it will work well together.

5. Stevekrome

Stevekrome New Member

Christiansburg
    Hmmm strange. These are brand new mags. They can't Possibly all have burs and worn out springs can they?

6. Zaryk

Southern
    I actually misread your previous statement. I thought you said that all but one worked.

I would say it's the gun not liking those mags. Both G&G guns I own are picky, but run kwa k120s and mag brand mags perfectly.

7. Stevekrome

Stevekrome New Member

Christiansburg
    **** gonna have to return them. Are you sure there isn't anything else I can do to break them in?

8. BenTheBarre

BenTheBarre Member

Spokane
    Load the mag all the way up, then release all the bbs back into the bag. Do they trickle out or spray out quickly? If the trickle, then your going to have to stretch and bake the springs, clean out the inside of the mag, and maybe do some follower mods. This is because your spring my not be stiff enough to push out the BBS, or it is binding. If they spray out quickly, the feeding problem is coming from your mag not seating properly in the receiver, which you can fix by shimming with electrical tape around the mag(will explain in detail if the mag releases bbs fine)

Edit/what brand of BBS are you using?

9. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    Good luck returning them if you take them apart at all. You're better off returning, and at the least, getting new ones. At best, try another brand.

10. Stevekrome

Stevekrome New Member

Christiansburg
    They spray out. I messed up one of the mags and it started having bb's trickle out. Also I noticed the follower thing on the end that pushes out all the bb's got stuck down in the well. I might just sell them to a friend if I can't return. And also yeah when I move the mag around a little when it's seated in my gun it lets a single bb in so its ready shoot. I can hear the bb loading into the gun and I can then fire it so its gotta be that. Explain how to tape it up because I've heard a bit about doing that before but I don't know exactly how.

My bb's are quality don't worry but I don't remember the brand. They're not Walmart brand haha