Fenix flashlights

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by bonnax, Nov 25, 2012.

1. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Whith Christmas round the corner, I need to decide what accessories I'm going to treat myself to. I've decided I should add a flashlight to my list and after some research I landed on the Fenix TK-22 - http://www.fenixlighting.com/products/fenix-tk22-led-flashlight.aspx

I'll be only using it for CQB, but as it has the potential to go up to 650 lumens, I'm not sure if it's a bit of overkill...don't really want to fry anyone's retinas... (Fyi there is no lumen limit at the fields I play at).

Anyone have any experience with the TK-22, or any other Fenix flashlights?

Open to any other suggestions, but $90 is pretty much my max budget.

2. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I usually recommend a nice, cheap Surefire clone, but this looks really good for the price your paying. Just get an offset mount and you'll be good. If you don't want to worry about burning people's eyes, I used to put my flash light in a quick burst flash(like 3 really bright flashes in a couple of seconds) to stun, then attack. Just my two cents.

3. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    I did originally have a Surefire clone which was great, and cheap. Unfortunately it broke after about 3 uses, so I've decided I might as well buy a good one and not have to replace it. Any particular reason why you think I should get an offset mount rather than a normal one? I'd rather not have to worry about it, especially as there are usuall quite a few young people who play at the same fields (their heads are at the level I hold my gun, so the light would be directly in their eyes). Don't want any raging parents, or blind people. Is that strobe, or just on and off 3 times?

Anyone else have any experience with them? Or other suggestions.

4. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

The off-set mount looks sweet if you're going for a tacticool loadout, and I also find that it's more sturdy with an off-set. But then again, I'm running and A.C.M RIS......
    A good buddy of mine, (he's quite the tinkerer) was able to create a
    short strobe effect using a tiny little device that worked like a MOSFET.
    It won't hurt anyone if you can find someone to set it up like that, but more than 3 flashes I think would kind of be what would cause parents raging. Also, the flashlight has four brightness levels, so you could always keep it on low.

5. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    I'll get my hand on one of those too, then. I did have a thought once, to use offset mounts to run 8 lasers at once, each at 45 degrees to each other...if only I had the money.

That MOSFET sounds like something I'd want. Any chance he could sell me one? And explain how to install it, of course. I don't want no angry mamas now, do I?

I was planning on using the 250 lumens most of the time; maybe if someone isn't calling their hit, I'll bump it up 400 :p.

Sounds like Valkyrie approves of the TK-22, anyone else?

(Are you by any chance a fan of Claus von Stauffenberg?)

6. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Stauffenberg was a B.A. by trying to get Hitler out of power, but no, not a fan, I sort of just randomly came up with the name.:eek:

I believe it was an after-market Surefire part. Search around e-bay. I'll try to give him a call, but no promises.

7. Hat3d1

Hat3d1 New Member

Moore
    I rock a Fenix TK-21. Great lights! I will add the TK22 to my collection soon.

8. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Just asking because his great grandson is in my house, at school. He seems like he's going to be a B.A. too :p

Had a look for it, but couldn't find one. If your friend could help me out, that'd be awesome!

Did you mean an offset mount like this one:

View attachment 26221

Good to know, Hat3d1!

Anyone else have any opinions?

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  9. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    The Surefire Scout repros by Element are nicer than the originals. I'd suggest going with one of those.

10. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Do you mean something like the Element M600? Do you think Id be better off with an Element than a Fenix?

(Still working on that quote..)

11. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

12. bonnax

bonnax New Member

London
    Looks really similar to the one that broke on me, but then again, I can buy 9 of those for the price of the one Fenix. Hmmm....

Wanting some tacos now...