Field Strip

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Cheeset2, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Cheeset2

Cheeset2 New Member

Hello Airsoft society,
    My brother bought an Echo1 Sub gun 3,or the mp5 with folding stock, and we use high quality bb's .20 grams and his bb's still fly up and touch the clouds:confused:. I couldnt find anything on the internet to help me take apart or field strip his gun to see if i can fix it. Can you help me?

2. EastCoastAirsoft

EastCoastAirsoft Member

Harford County
    If you do not know how to disassemble the gun I don't recommend doing so or if you do, just dont mess with the gearbox. Have you tried to adjust the hop-up make sure its not all the way up or down

3. Cheeset2

Cheeset2 New Member

I watched a youtube on it but it didnt go far enough to the hop-up. Me and my brother have messed with the hop-up a lot its been all the way up to off but when i took it apart and looked down the barrel, when the hop-up was "off", I still saw a decently sized bump that could easily be causing the problems. Do you think i should keep on going and try to fix the hop-up or just leave it be?

4. Frontline

Frontline New Member

I hope you're not offended, but have you tried adjusting the hop-up? I'm not trying to act like you're an idiot here, just suggesting an idea. There is an online tutorial. Let me get you a link (MP5s take forever to take apart).
    Mechbox.com | Airsoft repair and upgrades Blog Archive MP5J Disassembly

This is an MP5J, so it might be a little different.

5. Smith

Smith New Member

if you don't know where to hop up is look on youtube, also in airsoft its not best to strip in the field BB's hurt alot on bar skin(joking) if you can't figure out the hop and there still doing that just get heaver BB's. Don't take this the wrong way just giving my wheat penny (not close to two cents)

6. DAYWALKER

DAYWALKER New Member

Pasadena
    It sounds like the the hop up is on too high.

7. Cheeset2

Cheeset2 New Member

Not to make you feel like an idiot but i think i answered that question in my previous post. If it was unclear, yes i have adjusted the hop-up many times. Up and Down

8. Frontline

Frontline New Member

I'm sorry, I didn't see that post. Common error of mine.