Fielding a CQB Gun

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by CQB, May 17, 2013.

1. CQB

CQB New Member

Is fielding a CQB an alright idea?

Here are the facts:

1. Gun shoots 250-270 with .20
    2. Gun shoots around 100-125 feet

Conclusion:

I'm not worried about getting close to shoot people. The real thing that worries me is, can I get people out? Will people feel my hits at all? I don't think so but I wanted to see if you guys have ever fielded a low FPS weapon with success.

2. brownieman190

brownieman190 New Member

Of course. As long as you got good range and accuracy.

3. CQB

CQB New Member

I wouldn't say good range. Maybe ok range. With 250 FPS I think I would have to use .25 gram BBs.

4. brownieman190

brownieman190 New Member

Yeah its not good range but if your gonna use something else that has good range and accuracy than it would be good. With that same fps or even lower.

5. Ace4300

Ace4300 Active Member

Ridgewood
    All depends on the gun. My ICS M4 CQBR does great in field, but that might not be the same as other guns. I was shooting around 300 FPS with .25s and it was fine, not sure how much of a difference 50 FPS will make.

6. CQB

CQB New Member

I guess I would just have to get a bit closer right? Then shot a few times so they feel 3 little pokes.

7. Ace4300

Ace4300 Active Member

Ridgewood
    What's the field's layout? At my local outdoor field, at the "CQB Town" you typically aren't far enough from someone for a CQB gun to not be effective. As opposed to their wooded fields, where you will find a DMR might come in handy :p

8. CQB

CQB New Member

Everything I have for CQB but no top BDU just a T-shirt then I would use my AGM not my G&P.

9. Tortoise

Tortoise Active Member

AZ
    Just watch it when you're shooting through brush or leaves, often times the lower fps guns have a hard time penetrating that. Other than that you should be set.

10. CQB

CQB New Member

You think people wouldn't mistake it for a bug or just something? If so then I'm going to be fielding my G&P this summer.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  11. Frontline

Frontline New Member

People who "mistake it for a bug" are cheating. You shouldn't have a problem. A lot of it will depend on your field. I mean, if it's cramped quarters, I don't think it's a big deal. They should feel it.

12. CQB

CQB New Member

I think you have a good point there. I hope people call it but where I live sometimes people don't. I guess I just have to spray them. It will not hurt them because my gun is sub-300 FPS. Just would make a lot of noise when the guy gets hit.

13. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My low powered MP5K (.9 joules, not much more than your gun), is actually my most effective field gun. Just upgrade the ROF if you're worried about people not feeling the hit, once you go past 30rps, people will feel, or at least hear the hit anyway.

14. CQB

CQB New Member

My gun is shooting about a solid 20 RPS. That would be decent right? I would also bring my AGM as a backup if there are a lot of cheaters. Just have to deal with the insanely low RPS (14-15).

Off topic but I would like some help:
    Should I buy a nice pistol and mags with all my money. Or should I buy upgrades for both of my guns. Or do both and buy a KJW with one extra mag then get a EO tech and some new motors and gears maybe?

15. Frontline

Frontline New Member

Once more depends. If your style is such to where you would actually pull out a sidearm, super. For me, however, I never end up using mine. Also bear in mind that regardless of what type of bb you shoot, it's still got the same level of energy behind it, so it will hurt the same. (Ex. Would you rather be hit at 200 fps by a ping pong ball or 10 fps by a bowling ball?).

16. CQB

CQB New Member

That's what I thought but I was proven wrong. The momentums are different. KE=.5M*V^2 and momentum=M*V.

Edit: in the picture I find the Velocity for the .20 knowing the mass of the BB and the same TE. I then use the same velocities and masses that show the .25 to have more momentum.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  17. Frontline

Frontline New Member

Energy is distinct from momentum, but I understand your point. The .25 should hurt more.

18. CQB

CQB New Member

I know I also messed up on the TE. The TE should be 1,250 but the rest of the equations work out. Same numbers for everything but now TE is 1250.

19. Zardichar

Zardichar New Member Supporting Member

NW
    What is TE?

A .25 hurts more because it retains its energy for longer than a .2, so when it hits you, there is more energy than a .2 at the same muzzle energy.
    It is not because it has more momentum.

20. CQB

CQB New Member

TE is total energy. Retaining energy longer is because of its momentum. My math proves my point perfectly. Do it yourself. If I'm wrong then show me (not trying to seem rude). They have the same kinetic energy but different velocities.

Physics debate round 2. Looool.

Edit: the reason they have the same KE is because they have the same SPE (spring potential energy).