Final gun decision!

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Indra01, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
    So after spamming the forums for weapon reviews and having different opinions each day of different gun models, I finally came to two weapons I really like.

The CYMA M14: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=408_430&products_id=2910

And this M4: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=36986

I know I previously said I didn't like RIS, but for some reason, I am liking it today :D

So I most likely will get the JG M4 RIS because I just realized that I can play field and CQB with the M4 and NOT the M14.

I completely overlooked where I will be playing.

So regarding the gun specs, I believe it is great for the price.

Features :
    S-System Rail Interface for tactical accessories
    High Impact ABS Receiver
    Full Metal, fully upgradeable internal parts
    v2 Hand guard battery compartment
    Full Metal Outer Barrel assembly, Stock Tube, and RIS
    Metal, adjustable front and rear Flip-up sights
    Retractable LE-Type Stock

Length: 760mm-840mm
    Weight: ~3500g
    Muzzle Velocity: 380~420 FPS (Measured with 0.20g BBs)
    Maximum Effective Range: 120 feet
    Magazine: 300rds. Compatible with JG, Matrix, Tokyo Marui, G&G, MAG, and other similar M4/M16 Airsoft AEG Mags
    Gearbox Type: Version 2, Fully upgradeable
    Thread Direction: 14mm negative
    Hopup: Yes, Adjustable
    Motor: Long Type
    Fire Mode: Semi/Full-Auto, Safe
    Inner Barrel Length: 363mm
    Battery: Small Type (8.4v Small Type and Charger included)
    Package Includes : Gun, Magazine, Battery, Charger, Manual

Reviews sound good on website.

So I was wondering what all of you think and your opinions.

Thanks.

Can't wait for feedback :p

2. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    I suggest the JG. Its easier to upgrade, and part are cheaper. Then magazines are cheaper, and more common. Not to mention that pouches for your mags will be expensive and harder to find. The JG is also a great starter gun, I recommended that exact one to my friend, and its been working well.

3. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I also think you get the JG. I think it will last longer and be more sturdy than the CYMA.

4. Indra01

Indra01 New Member

Frederick
    Very well then. I'll get the JG M4. Now is the website reliable or do you recommend a different one?

5. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Evike is nice. You can get 20% off with a coupon code.

6. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    But Airsoft GI tests each gun before shipping it out. The only gun I bought from Evike came broken, and untested. That was an Evike custom, so the JG might be different, but ASGI has free shipping and a coupon, not just one coupon.

7. Jrod

Jrod New Member

Sunnyvale
    I would have been mad if I got a custom evike gun and they broke it. Before I got it. Also, FYI: I don't think ASGI tests all the guns that come straight from the factory. ( they do test thier own custom built guns though)

8. TheCaptainAlmighty

Gallifrey
    They test every gun. Both guns I've bought were chronoed and tested. Yay. Get the JG though. It will last longer, and compatibility with accessories is easier. I was at my local army surplus, and a kid walked in wanting a rail for his M14. So, point proven. And go with ASGI, it will be slightly more, but you will get better service than I did.

9. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I'd get it from Airsoft GI. I order from them all the time and their service is excellent.

10. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    That, but without the Evike.

11. MerknSissyS

MerknSissyS New Member

Agreed with this guy..lol the JG for the money hands down is a great gun clone Marui gearbox with a simple M120 spring an Air nozzle and complete Re-shim (I always reshim my JG boxes they always have room to work out) and a 9.6V Nun-chuck and a Madbull blue bucking the gun will become your favorite Field rifle.

12. fradd

fradd New Member

JG is, in my opinion, the best brand to buy when on a budget of less than $200. The guns are surprisingly good out of the box.
    Of course they aren't comparable to high end guns, but they are better than most other $100+ budget AEGs.

Plus, there's always upgrade possibilities, and since JG is a clone company, they are pretty dang upgradeable.

13. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    The JG would be good... But.... It has issues with upgrading. It has a proprietary upper receiver, barrel, and rail system which means you'd have to replace all of those if you wanted to change. I'd recommend a similar priced standard M4

14. Mel

Mel New Member

Marietta
    That only applies to the JG S-System.

15. gunerforWP

gunerforWP New Member

Frederick
    I know someone who has had the 14 for over a year, almost two years now, has put a lot of rounds through it and it still performs excellently. Highly recommendable. And another thing, please don't refer to airsoft guns as weapons, they aren't and referring to them as weapons will only serve to help get airsoft banned. And none of us want that to happen.

16. la999

la999 New Member

Fairfax
    As others said, go with the JG since you can put a huge about of internal and external upgrades and they are fairly cheap when bought stock.

17. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    OP Linked to the JG M4 S System.

So as I recommended earlier. Skip the hassle and get a normal M4 with a free float or other RIS.