Firepower MS Shotgun won't Pump

Discussion in 'Spring Powered Guns' started by tom7171, Dec 25, 2012.

1. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    So today is Christmas and my sister got me a firepower MS (multishot)
    shotgun. So I got it out and continued to load and fire it. When I go back to reload the shells I realize it won't pump anymore. Any ideas?:confused:

2. Hydro

Hydro New Member

Is the pump action soft or does it act like it is locked?

3. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    like its locked in place

4. Hydro

Hydro New Member

So, it acts like its cocked when it isn't?

Return it to the shop and ask for a new one.

5. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    I don't know.
    :(:(:(:(:(:(

6. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    A video of the the gun misperforming would be helpful, but it sounds like it's jammed. Could be a number of reasons why. By multi-shot, do you mean it fires three bbs at a time or do you mean you can rapid fire it by holding the trigger and just pumping the gun. Depending on the type of shotgun, the cause of the issue will vary.

7. Hydro

Hydro New Member

Firepower MS is just a DE with a Cybergun sticker on the box.

8. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    Tri Shot (3 BB'S) and like Hydro said firepower is just DE (or TSD) With a cybergun label.

9. BoogerMc

Akron
    Yes, but depending on which shotgun you have depends on what the solution to your problem may be. For example, I had a Firepower shotgun that did the same thing; however, mine was not a tri-shot. Inside the gun, a portion of the cocking mechanism broke off and jammed up the gun. A simple strip and flip fixed the issue.

On the opposite side of this, a teammate of mine has two of the trishots and when one of them jammed, like yours, it turned out to be a bb jammed in the mechanism. It somehow popped out of the shell and got inside the gun. Don't ask, we still don't know how it happened. However, once the bb was removed, the gun worked fine.

Not saying this is your issue, but demonstrating why this information makes a difference.

Anyway, can you pump the gun at all or is it all in the trigger assembly that the problem exists?

10. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    Its stuck completely forward And it won't move any

11. BoogerMc

Akron
    It sounds like an issue my teammate had with his other shotgun. In this case, there was a small metal piece under the housing of the main part of the gun. Once the housing is removed, there is a small pot metal piece along one side of the gun, if it is not there, this is why you're having problems. If it is, check to be sure it is functional (in other words, it must move or pivot up and down).

If this piece is not functioning properly, it will cause the gun to lock up.

Let me know if this helps. If not I can disassemble one of ours and take a look for additional problems/solutions.

12. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Make sure it's not already cocked, try pulling the trigger. If it was already pumped, it will be locked forward.

13. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    Can I get a mod to close this thread because I returned it and got a new different one.

14. BoogerMc

Akron
    There you go, problem solved.

15. tom7171

tom7171 New Member

Kennesaw
    Yeah thanks for the advice

16. BoogerMc

Akron
    You're welcome, glad to help.

17. ncbairsoftteam

ncbairsoftteam New Member

I had the same problem with mine it was just a broken piece of plastic jammed after I took it put it worked perfectly