First aeg

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Darek, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Darek

Darek Member

Ok i just ordered my first aeg (before I was the sniper and my sidearm was a co2 pistol) but was wondering if the ics guns come stock with tamiya connectors or deans mainly because my dad used to collect tamiya cars and said that I could use one of the batteries and smart chargers he has and was hoping they come with tamiya and want to know since I want to know if I should order a battery or not

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Yes they come with Tamiyas.

3. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Many ICS M4s need a special battery, and use contact plates.

4. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Most RC cars run on lipos....watch it. Every gun aeg wise come with either tayima or deans. G&P comes stock with deans with most of their rifles.

If the battery doesn't fit just get a battery sock or a peq1 box. And if your feeling fancy do you own Mods to the battery compartment.

5. Darek

Darek Member

But due to them using lipos wouldn't I have to modify my gun to take lipos instead of normal batteries

6. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

No. Lipos are smaller but have more power and ROF. They do a few things great. A 11.1 which isn't what you want to use will blow you performance out the window. It will optimize the guns ROF, FPS and overall range. But without the correct Mods it truly does BLOW you gun out the window. It wears everything out quickly. Sorbo pads and a mosfet(required) for a 11.1 is a must. For a 7.4lipo it doesn't matter. So if anything get a low discharge(c) 7.4v lipo and you will get instant trigger response and performance. The great part is they are about 15$ with shipping added. And if you ever want to sell them you can sell them for 30$+. Airsoft stores sell them for 40$ when they are a 10$ battery. WWW.Hobbyking.com works for all. Shop in the USA warehouse. The hard part is finding a charger at the USA warehouse online.

Hoped I helped. I'm getting better at helping people nowadays.

7. Darek

Darek Member

Yes you have helped but what if I modified my gun and used a 14 volt (I think that is one of the ones i have) what modification would I need this is an ics I'm talking about so mods are no problem

8. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Why the hell would you want to use a 14v on it? I thought you bought a ICS sportline..

9. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    Lipos don't really increase a gun's power. It only increases the rate of fire, and trigger response.
    Also a 7.4v doesnt always increase trigger response. A 20c rating would be around the same power as a 9.6v.
    If anything, get a HIGH discharge 7.4v battery. There's really no point (besides battery space) to get a 7.4v if you're going to run a LOW discharge.

10. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

They add maybe 30fps right away which helps with range. Think of it as this. You have tiger woods hitting a golf ball(11.1lipo) then you have a less powerful lady golfer(my mom) and you tell me who's gonna hit it further?

11. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    How do batteries add FPS? Powerful batteries add to the rate of fire.

Do some research before you go out spewing false information.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  12. twp397

twp397 New Member

Friendswood
    I'm pretty sure LiPos just increase trigger response and ROF, but that's just what I heard.

13. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

You are so confused. Please, do some research before telling people wrong information.

14. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

I cronoed a gun with a 11.1 lipo then a 9.6 and got 30 more FPS. I'm running of research and not shots in the dark. Maybe something was off. But I've seen this twice.

But yes it doesn't increase FPS just read that. On my test It did.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  15. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Yes...yes, and my DE LPEG shoots 500 fps with a 22.2v lipo.

16. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

That makes no sense. It is false information and a non-sense comparison. You literally could compare anything like that no matter if it is right or wrong. Like this... Take Tiger Woods(15rps) and my mom(45rps) and Tiger will walkways hot faster. That was really stupid

17. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    No need for insults buddy.

FPS is not consistent, and unless you have great seal, the FPS can waver.
    So just because the FPS was 30 higher with a 11.1v then a 9.6v doesn't mean that will happen all the time. You're spreading FALSE info.

18. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

I think that would take at least 25v. Jeeze you know nothing

Seriously Arms no need to get mad. You were wrong and they corrected you. It is done.

19. armsofglory

armsofglory New Member

Well you guys could have told me straight up and not sarcasm. I didnt need 10 people all telling me the same thing. My info came from me and my research led me to believe that.

Sorry....

20. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    There was no sarcasm other than my LPEG one.