First CQB gun

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Finalencounter, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    Since I don't really have many fields around anymore, most of my guns are useless, being large and have high FPS. I'm gonna start playing CQB in a place nearby called Manassas, I think they have an outdoor area to now. I have never played there and have honestly never played CQB before.
    I would like one with the specifications:
    -Not full metal, want to keep the weight down
    -Obviously not a high FPS, for some reason I think they're limit is 300fps on .20s, that what they chrono with, but afterwards you can use .25s
    -I would prefer an SMG
    I don't really have a strict price limit, but I'm willing to spend maybe $200ish, I have $365 but need money for my other gun and stuff.

2. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    I can name off a few types for you
    G36c
    M4
    Mp5
    Mp5k
    AK74u

Most guns are going to be running 300+ stock so you will either have to get a new spring or cut the stock one down.

I think a Combat Machine is probably the one of the only guns under $200 at the FPS you want. Also look at the classifieds incase somebody has what you need.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    I would say get the Galaxy MP5k and upgrade the crap out of the internals.

If it's under 300 you'll need an M90 or M80 spring.

4. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    I'll check them out, I like the look of MP5s

I'll keep that in mind, kinda tired of upgrading, but I know, I know. You can't have a great gun with out upgrading ;)

What kind of gear would you recommend? I'm Proboly getting a vest from a guy on here, I have goggles, a lower face mask and shemagh(spelling?), gloves (which need replacing)
    I'm pretty sure the field requires a full face mask though.

5. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Get a good full face mask of your choice, is the vest you're getting MOLLE? Does it have pouches with it?

6. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    Ok, it is, but no pouches. What about these? JG
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=10678
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=2109
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=2560

Still need to look at CM
    Edit: just checked them out, didn't realize they were basically just M4s and AKs, at least that what came up. I would like to stay away from those, but of I had to I'd go for some type of stubby m4

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  7. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    JG AK is a no-no. G36C is pretty good. I don't about their MP5s.

8. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    Oh right, didn't they always have issues? Who do you think makes good MP5s? I would be fine with a G36C, I didn't like the look of them at first but they are growing on me, plus I can think of some good paint jobs I can do...

9. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    Are you thinking about going to ACQB in Manassas, VA? If so, you are mistaken about their rules/engagement distances. Let me explain:

1. They no longer have an indoor arena. There was a fire and it became unplayable, they recently moved to a 35 acre lot that looks like an old Christmas tree farm. Getting a tiny little gun will not be advantageous as the field is rather large.

2. To my knowledge, the fps limit is 360 with .2g bb's for automatics and 500 for bolt action sniper rifles, however that may have changed with the new field.

10. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Yes, plus that's an AK74, not a CQB friendly gun.

11. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    Oh, dang, am I out of date, I just saw videos of the outdoor field and figured they added one, lol.
    Ok then! The requirements have changed! Thanks schmidty, I didn't know.
    Okay then! New gun styles! Maybe I'll finally be able to get that VFC Scar... If only. I'll bring my price up to around $280, again, trying to keep out AKs and most M4s

12. schmidty

schmidty New Member

Washington D.C.
    You're welcome.

What guns do you have currently? You might be better off just upgrading one or more of those.

13. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    Here:
    Echo 1 full metal Stag 15 that I am currently upgrading
    JG BAR10 upgraded, but I need to down grade the spring has to much power behind it, problem is no one knows the equivilant to the G700 spring it has
    WG 1911- trading from the osprey vest and other stuff
    Cheapo shot gun lol

Eh? http://www.airsoftgi.com/mobile/product_info.php?products_id=5599

14. Carnotix

Carnotix New Member

Just a tip, I would rather play with a full metal cqb gun with the weight of a m249 that has a full metal body then have a gun with a plastic body. Weight doesn't matter as long as you are fit

15. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    How is this a tip? Its personal preference not a tip. What you like may not be what he/she likes. I've heard plenty of "fit" people complain after a long day how tired they are of carrying a SAW replica.

Back on topic. I would recommend just dropping money into your replica you already own, since it seems perfect for your field. If your dead set on purchasing a new replica its understandable the smell of new is always nice.

From what I see you are looking at mainly CMs/G4s and JGs and similar priced replicas. They are similar in price but both are sort of in different areas. The JGs have iffy quality control but good parts with elbow grease you will have an nice performer. The G&G sportline series are sort of the opposite lower quality parts (not by a huge margin) but put together in a nicer fashion with stricter quality control.

If you are looking for a VFC Scar id look through the billions of forums throughout the net. There's usually always a pretty good deal on a VFC somewhere.

16. Finalencounter

Warrenton
    Thanks deathmechanic, very helpful. I was looking for an ABS gun because since I though I was doing CQB I wanted to be able to move quicker, all because it's full metal doesn't mean it's better. Some of the metal companies use is crap, and some plastics aka Tokyo Marui are pretty good,

Since I'm currently upgrading it, I'll buy more money into it like you said. Though I was looking at it as an excuse for a new gun XD I'm gonna need to check the FPS on it when I'm done.

Ok will do. Thanks a lot man