first DMR build

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by blazeflow, Sep 27, 2012.

1. blazeflow

blazeflow New Member

brooklyn
    whats up.

I'm in my second year of airsoft and i do some what know about teching but not as much as a lot of guys on this forum so i need your help and suggestions for my build.

i want to get a gun that could shoot 300ft pretty accurately which i think will take around 550-600 fps (which i see alot of you guys are doing)

Internals that i came up with ,with some research:
    1) Prometheus Non-Liner Irregular Pitch Spring M170
    2)Eagle Force Steel CNC Gear Set - 72:1 or SHS 32:1 CNc stell gears (over stock G&G gears)
    3)G&p m170 motor or Lonex A2 Infinite Torque-Up Motor (over stock G&G motor)
    4)SHS 15 metal teeth polycarb piston or this lonex piston
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_37_76&products_id=2855
    5)Angel Custom Bucking w/ V-Shape Teeth (Hard / 70°)
    6)KA hop-up chamber (over a stock plastic G&G)

now here is where im unsure. do i get a 650mm barrel (6.03 0r 6.01?) with a bore-up set piston head, cylinder, cylinder head and nozzel either ICS or guarder parts (thats all i could find)
    or do i go with a 509mm (6.03 0r 6.01?) and get:
    1)Matrix Gold Warrior full Cylinder
    2)Matrix CNC 2 "O" rings cylinder head or lonex version but same thing
    3)matrix aluminum bearing piston head or lonex aluminium mushroom bearing piston head
    4)lonex air nozzel

the rest of the GB is stock G&G. the wiring, metal spring guide and trigger parts.

this is a pretty long list but i thank you for taking your time to help me.
    p.s. if there is anything i left out that i need to get please tell me. thanks

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

The differences between a 6.03 and a 6.01 performance wise are very small. I'd get a 6.03 because 6.01s tend to jam up a lot.

3. GreenListerine

GreenListerine New Member

What fps are you wanting? What is your budget?

4. blazeflow

blazeflow New Member

brooklyn
    sorry i forgot to add that.
    money is not such a big problem and i want around 550-600fps to get the 300ft range.

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    look into polar star systems

6. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Or build a Kuba Engine, make some changes to accommodate the fps.
    Or buy a G&P SR-25 and DG it.

Now if you want to stick with AEGs, which is fine...
    Guarder/Modify SP170 spring
    SHS 13:1 gear set or RiotSC 10.44 or 14.01(?) gear set
    JG M42 or Lonex Motor
    SHS Piston or Lonex Red piston
    Prometheus Red/Hard bucking
    ER-hop

Screw Matrix parts, well, motors are nice.
    509mm Madbull or Prometheus 6.03 barrel.
    Compression parts, SHS, Guarder etc etc, really just anything that works and not over priced....

Get the Lonex GB and throw the G&G away....even when radius'd, they still crack.
    Also the screws are on the wrong side. :p

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  7. sniper-assaulter

sniper-assaulter New Member

If you've read any of the past "DMR build" threads you'll see that fps isn't everything. My Mk12 shoots 367 fps and I can accurately engage targets at 250ft. I also use the angel custom 70 hard bucking and it's great, highly recommended. You'll want to use at least .25 gram bbs for under 400fps and at least .30 for 500+. I noticed you're getting a m170 spring and m170 motor. A lot of people choose motors with higher spring power ratings so that it will pull back easier and faster. If you're looking for improved trigger reaction you should consider soldering deans on, they'll improve your trigger reaction by a lot. But anyways, check out some of the other DMR threads, they'll have most of the questions and answers you're asking about.

8. blazeflow

blazeflow New Member

brooklyn
    thanks or the tips.

1) im going with the guarder sp170 spring, lonex motor, lonex piston , 509mm madbull barrel 6.03
    2)the promy bucking i couldnt find it in stock anywhere and also the lonex GB I couldnt find it anywhere
    3)lonex full cylinder, shs cylinder head,lonex air nozzel for air seal components.

have a couple of QU.
    1)im not sure but isnt the SHS 32:1 gears higher torque than the 13:1 (which i see they call it speed gears)
    2)just want to know why you choose the 509m over the 650mm? and im guessing that with the 509mm i dont get the bore-up set but could i?
    3)between the lonex aluminum mushroom piston head and the SHS CNC piston head which is better?
    4)what is the ER-HOP?
    5)should i change my hop-up chamber also to Ka or promy ( i found a promy neo chamber with the strike chamber both for $55)

alot of QU but i really appreciate it .
    thanks alot.

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Uh, Evike has the bucking I think, or ASGI.
    Lonex GB, Clandestineairsoft.com
    XX:1
    XX means the revolutions of the pinion gear (or bevel? lol)
    1 = 1 shot
    13:1 + high torque motor will give you instant trigger response.

Why 509?
    Longer doesn't mean better.
    Standard hop-ups achieve maximum hop at around 440mm.
    Longer barrel is only needed if you are pushing heavy rounds since they "accelerate" slower.
    But......Cylinder to Barrel ratio.....
    Even with bore-up kit, you DON'T have enough air volume for 650mm barrel.

I just use Lonex POM piston head.

ER-hop is the epic hop, max range and accuracy, pretty much the best hop system.
    It's a modification for the barrel/hop system.

KA chamber.

10. blazeflow

blazeflow New Member

brooklyn
    thank you so much.

1)so all these upgrades will make the gun will shoot 300ft accuratly?(with .3?)
    2)also how long do you think the GB will last before the gears strip or the GB cracks?
    3) do think that maic box parts are good they have a really nice piston head that has 2 "o" rings i saw it on asgi

funny thing is the only thing i have left from my G&G gun is the spring guide,metal bushings and trigger with wires!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Well....with ER-hop......and 600fps....you can hit 400ft....

12. mpanary_fako

mpanary_fako Member

Nashville
    You better use a powerful (read: enough amps) battery to crank that M170 with 13:1 gears, lol.
    You could also get a Lonex hard bucking while you're shopping for your Lonex A2 motor on Clandestine.

13. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Mine does fine with JG Blue and 9.6 lol

14. blazeflow

blazeflow New Member

brooklyn
    thanks for the tip mpanary

2)also how long do you think the GB will last before the gears strip or the GB cracks?
    3) do think that magic box parts are good they have a really nice piston head that has 2 "o" rings i saw it on asgi

thats some pretty sweet range but i wont get my hopes up to fast!

15. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    GB won't break at all if you do the mods such as AoE correction, Sorbo, radius GB etc etc.
    That's if the GB itself isn't crap like G&G to start with....

Again, compression parts, as long as they work, they work.
    Double O-ring doesn't do much, you can achieve 100% seal with single O-ring cylinder head.

16. blazeflow

blazeflow New Member

brooklyn
    sorry for asking but what is radius the GB?
    and btw i did read the sticky for the AOE and other things.

edit: crud i forgot i have ball bearings. i heard that for high fps you should get solid metal bushings.

17. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    The front of the GB where the cylinder makes contacts on the corner, grab a dremel or a file and round the four corners.
    Corners tend to crack easy compare to rounded surface.

And yes, you need bushings.
    8mm Modify Steel bushings.

18. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    for DMR builds, front end cracking is not as common as high speed builds. as for the speed ratio DMR builds, that should be left to more experienced builders. it uses high amp loads. poly fuse is required or risk of smoking your motor during any lockup or bb jams. i've had my share of those kind of builds and prefer a more newbie friendly 32:1 build...

DMR on full auto is most likely to crack the gearbox (600fps/30rps) but should be safe on semi-auto. 70d sorbo didn't protect it. this was a (stress) test build, not fielded. i was also using 8mm ball bearings. it held up fine. but i wouldn't recommend it. 8mm bearings can't handle high fps gearbox lockups and will fail. if you already have 6 or 7mm bearings (often closed bearings), they can handle the stress and for a budget build, will be able to handle lock ups.

then again, i prefer the less expensive alternatives (JG parts including gearboxes). also, i don't use fuses.

19. blazeflow

blazeflow New Member

brooklyn
    thanks EDI1st for all your help.

alex i didnt understand exactly what you meant but your saying i get 32:1 ratio gears or ill ruin my motor? if so how about sticking with my stock G&G gears (most probably 18:1) and use a high torque motor? and can i also do the reverse stay with a regular motor and use high torque gears?

i do have closed bearings but i think they are 6mm but i need to get the lonex GB which is 8mm so anyway have to get new bushings

edit: i cant find modify 8mm in stock anywhere are guarder or lonex even shs good for bushings?

20. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    it's mostly personal preference. you decide if you want to go high amp load or low amp load. you get better trigger response with high amp load builds. you get better reliability with low amp load builds. we play during rain, mud and over 100 degree weather in the shade here in Georgia. therefore, i go for a more reliable build.

as for motors, for DMR's, use torque with any gear ratio. if you are planning on m170 spring, i wouldn't trust stock G&G gears. avoid 8mm bearings on DMR builds. you can make them work, but requires routine cleaning and re-lubing. most techs like to build it once and do maintenance after it fails... LoL