first gbbr

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Phillies2406, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

What gas blow back rifle should I get. I will be able to cover the costs of the gun, gas and magzines. I need something that is reliable and under 400 fps and I would also like the cost of the gun, a propane adapter and one extra magazine to be under 350 dollars after coupon codes. I do not care what style the gun is, but I would like strong blowback if possible. I was considering the King Arms, kwa lm4 or the kjw. My only problem with the kjw is I could only find it on airsplat and ehobby aisa. My nieghbor owns a gun shop so cleaning and other things like that should be easy. Any suggestions would be great.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. Pirate223

Pirate223 New Member

If you want reliability, then KJW is the way to go. If you want kick, then both the LM4 or KA or good. Only difference is that the LM4 is built off a proprietary system, while the KA is build off the WA system that has maaaaaaaany more upgrades and replacement parts available.

If you want reliability and good kick, then you're going to have to dump around $600 on the rifle alone.

3. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    $350 for a reliable GBBR? impossiburrrrr!!!

..unless you look for used guns and parts, its impossible.

You best bet is going a step down to SMG's. KWA mp7 and mp9 are right up your ally.

4. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    OBJECTION! The KJW which is $20 more not including shipping is a very reliable platform.

5. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    I think with your pricerange you are no where near ready to start running a GBBR.

1. the gun itelf is costly
    2. mags are 30-80$ a pop
    3. you go through green gas like nothing, or using a propne silicon mix is way cheaper but still expensive
    4. you have to use 30G bb's.

you may be able to get away with using a lighter gram bb, but my rifle chopped anything below a 28g in half..

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Ok I understand what you guys mean, but the KA is $325 on evike then after coupons it is below 300. I saw the G&G gbbr for $150, I understand that it is like the GHK drop in but whats bad about the drop in kits.

7. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    if your trying to go cheap with a GBBR your screwed..

8. adas1223

stratford
    What if i told you, you just proved my point?

$20+mag+pro adaptor+etc. = +$90

9. adas1223

stratford
    KA=garbage stock setup

you'll need to add *better magazines, a new bolt carrier, and bolt catch. thats over $120 more.

10. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Touche! You made it sound like there was no good GBBR's in the 300-400 range.

11. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

I am actually completing a german load out and the mp7 is being issued as part of there idz program. I think that I should go with that until the bigger rifles become cheaper and get all of the bugs rung out. Also, I know that WE TECH usually is terrible but i've heard many good things about there g39 series.

13. adas1223

stratford
    if you're not paying for the gun, and have $300 for accessories, i'd seriously consider the KWA lm4 (has kick+nice aftermarket), or KJW m4 (just reliable).

WE is okay, ive heard very bad-to-okay reviews. the experienced GBBR techs swear by them if you know how to upgrade.

SMG's are cost effective and reliable. their bolts are not heavy hammers breaking everything.

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Well my problem with the kjw is if I get a lemon I am scared of airsplats customer service, I don't really see myself getting upgrade parts unless one keeps breaking on me.

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  16. KingCobra

KingCobra New Member

moyock
    +1, I liked my WE over my WA...

17. FSTK

FSTK Member

WE's okay if you got RA-Tech parts (or steel parts in general) to fall back on. I like availability of parts like anyone else, but WE as a platform is like trying to duck-tape some poop back together. There's a reason why Marui's MP7 GBB is a huge deal in the gas world.

I'd wait for that Phillies2608

18. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Wait so Tokyo Marui is releasing a gas mp7. I thought they only had an AEP version?

19. miken2006

miken2006 New Member

Ive owned and worked on many gbb pistols and gbb rifles and i very much like the we gbbrs (i currently own 3)... With that said you can definitley get something in your price range...

As far as reliability... First thing is do your research... Watch some youtube vids on maintenance and assembly/disassembly and learn the gun... Something goes wrong fix it yourself...

Here are a few links and prices...

WE closed bolt (a.w.s.s.) scar L $230
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_526&products_id=31320

Extra mag $40
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=30371

NPAS to adjust fps $50
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32247

Madbull propane adapter $20
    http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=31514

Coupon code for free shipping "FREESHIP"

Total cost $340 for everything you need... All brand spankin new!!! I would also pick up some 100% silicone oil for the propane and sum good grease for the internals...

There you go... Get EVERYTHING you need for your price range.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted on what you get.

20. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Okay that was EXTREMELY helpful. But I should of said this but I am looking for open bolt guns. Also, how much is the evike face book fan coupon. The WE m14 seems very reliable from what I heard other than the trigger box. The reason I don't want closed bolt rifles is I read somewhere that they aren't as good as WE's open bolt models. Am I wrong because if I am that would be the perfect set up.