First night game

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Jelly, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Well, if I go tomorrow to Area48, it will be my first night game. What should I bring and what should I expect?

2. carson98

carson98 New Member

I have no experience in this but you should probably take some bandaids (not kidding) they may come in handy and another thing is maybe night vision goggles i think you can pick some up in the toy section in walmart or target hope this helped

3. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    Toy NVGs don't work well, do they?

4. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Toy NVGs are garbage. Just bring a bright flashlight.

5. carson98

carson98 New Member

Yeah they dont work amazing and flashlights do work better but they keep you from being seen from the light but you can blind an enemy with the light so they are sort of just for cool factor

6. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I don't understand this post. I have toy NVGs, they work terribly.

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Lol. Trust me if you turn on a flashlight at a night game, you WILL be seen.

8. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I'll just bring some glow sticks like everyone else at my field does ^_^

9. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    How about we get off the topic of toy NVGs since the only useful NVGs will be thousands of dollars.

Anyway, is an overnight or just a few games at night?

If its overnight bring some snacks, a flashlight (LEDs are great), some spare batteries (flashlight and gun, fully charged), extra gas (if you have a gas pistol), a ton of bbs, a lot of water, etc.

10. Joshman

Joshman New Member

Glow sticks are great, i would for sure want some. They can be used for marking several different things.

11. JTFox

JTFox New Member

I played one night game before, one thing I can say is that if you turn your flash light on in the wrong place you will get hit. Lucky for us that nights moon was bright so it wasent completely pitch black.
    Night games are tough and take extra patience IMO.

12. RyanMathews

RyanMathews New Member

I would bring glowsticks to use as flares or something. Also bring a maglite or a good led flashlight.

13. TopShot21

TopShot21 New Member

The website says to bring blue,red and yellow glow sticks I think

14. fradd

fradd New Member

The only wars I've ever been to were partly at night.

It's nearly impossible to see farther than 10 feet in front of you. Night vision is too expensive for most people.
    Eye protection makes you see worse, but it's necessary.
    Flashlights give away your position, and most of my kills happened because I saw a flashlight turned on somewhere.

Airsofting at night without night vision is pretty hopeless, unless you can somehow camp somewhere and wait for enemies to walk by.

15. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I went yesterday, we had a hostage negotiation game. By negotiating I mean throwing grenades. By throwing grenades I mean tossing Thunder B's into a kill house and retrieving the money.

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Bring green glow sticks because you can throw them at the enemies position so you can see them. But only if your field allows it.

17. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    I've already gone to the game, I already know what goes on.

18. JTFox

JTFox New Member

Did you have a good time?

19. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

This. Lol you have to have a good time.

20. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    If being the only one on your team left in the Evac and having the enemy team all over the area near you means a good time, then yeah, I had a good time