First Pistol - AW - VX3311 - Shooting a bit to the left *now with broken outer barrel

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by JaphetPH, Sep 23, 2021.

1. JaphetPH

JaphetPH New Member

Tagum City
    Like the thread title says, it is shooting a bit to the left. It doesnt appear to be curving to the left - it shoots straight but to the left. at around 10 meters it is off around 10-12 cm to the left. obviously worse at longer ranges. was wondering if its the bucking - because when the mag is topped up with air initially, there isnt much hop but the more shots I fire (less fps) the more hop there appears to be. gun is all stock.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    There are multiple issues in effect here.

Your sights could be off.
    Your inner barrel is not aligned with the outer barrel - AW/WE tolerances are not very "consistent".

Are you using Green Gas? If you are...stop. Modern GG is not good Fir Airsoft consistency. You need to understand that a GBB is a system and putting oil in your gas path causes the issue with hop-up and accuracy.

When you fill a mag the siloxanes (silicone oil) in the gas coalesces aorund the output valve. As you shoot it it oils your gas path, something that you never want to happen in Airsoft if you want range or accuracy. Then as the bb rubs the oil away...your hop-up starts working again...

3. JaphetPH

JaphetPH New Member

Tagum City
    Sights were pretty straight - I went through your list and the inner barrel is kind of loose fitting when I test fit it on the receiver. It kind of wiggles left and right -which is normal I think but in this instance it was really too much as it actually rattles when I shake it. looked it up and tried shimming it and it fits tighter - test fired it and it went where I sighted and there's less variations in the grouping. Still doesn't hop that well though, even with max hop. What gas would you suggest? not sure if its available locally but I can try finding it.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Put a small o-ring around the inner barrel to help center it in the outer barrel.

The stock hop-up packing in AW's are a bit "smooth"...you want a bit ot texture or material properties of grippiness for a good backspin.

Try cleaning the packing with alcohol and swabs.

As for gas...dry propane via a propane adapter for fills. Cheaper too.

5. JaphetPH

JaphetPH New Member

Tagum City
    would teflon tape work for this? also isnt green gas technically propane?

6. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

Teflon tape can work for stabilizing, just be aware that the tilting barrel action moves the outer barrel relative to the inner barrel during cycling and will wear on the tape

Green gas is propane without added smell and with added oils. Dry propane won't coat your hop rubber and inner barrel with oil through normal use.

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Being that this is Airsoft and there being no standards. The GG that is bottled varies by manufacturer and "junk" gets into those bottles that shouldn't be in there.

Back at Palco, we found water and rust particles in one batch. No gas at all in another batch.

Machine oil in another batch and detergents in a few cases too...you should have seen our faces when one gbb shot and little bubbles came out after the shot...

8. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

Is this a hicapa or what?

Most aftermarket hicapa hop arm spring sink too deep into the hop adjustment wheel causing the hop arm to settle counter clockwise. Which curves all shots left. A simple wedge between the bottom tip of the hop arm spring and the adjustment wheel can fix this issue most the time. Or one can swap around hop arm springs and adjustment wheels till it fits snug. Which isn't ideal.

Spacemonkey likes this.
  9. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

It's not a Hicapa, it's AWC/WE's Poly80 line of Glocks. Your statement about the hop arm is relevant though, it uses the same style of C-shaped piece to apply pressure

10. JaphetPH

JaphetPH New Member

Tagum City
    Yeah I did look into it - I cobbled together something temporarily (only till the maple leaf hop chamber kit arrives) it's similar to maple leafs i-key. I did notice the arm was not exerting equal pressure so the bucking wasn't even so I guess this caused shots to veer left.

11. JaphetPH

JaphetPH New Member

Tagum City
    Also, the hook in the outer barrel (left side) broke. it still fires fine - though I'm wondering if I can leave it as is, or get a new outer barrel. would using it as is break even more stuff?

[​IMG]

12. Ben3721

The hop up unit locks into the lower, the outer barrel moving around happens long after after shot is gone. If the outer can't tilt because the barrel is fitted tightly with tape or something, it can easily break stuff as it's movement has now be limited. The back of the outer has little wings that ride the hop up block to pull it down, my guess is that is what broke off.

13. JaphetPH

JaphetPH New Member

Tagum City
    so would it hurt anything if I ran it like this while waiting for a replacement. I have a cqb game this weekend was planning to just run with a pistol.

14. Ben3721

I would just test the action very slowly to see if it feels like it's snagging hard on the outer when it's trying to tilt it. That will tell you if it's okay to run