First post and first AEG

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Fish2210, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Fish2210

Fish2210 New Member

Hi all,

I am looking to buy my first AEG. I have been looking at two JG M4s.

The first is the JG M4 basic

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_166&products_id=2108

The second is the JG M4 enhanced
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_166&products_id=3432

The basic has an fps of 350 and the enhanced has an fps of 400. I have read that the enhanced chronos between 400 and 430. The field I will be playing has a limit of 400. Should I go with the basic to be safe?

I am not set on these two AEGs so any suggestions for a new guy are helpful. My budget is 200 or so for a primary

2. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Someone did his research. This is what i would have recommended (Jg M4). The spring will be a M120 which is 400fps but to be safe i would get the regular one or get a M110 spring for the enhanced. But after a little springs loosen up and lose fps. Check online reviews of the enhanced and a non retail crono;)

3. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Very good Which gun thread. You did your research and narrowed it down to what you want so we can help. Does your field chrono with their own .2g bbs or is it the chrono of your bbs? If its your BBs then get some .25gs and you should be ok. Also fire the gun in full auto and leave it over night and your spring should compress some and thus drop the fps some more. Though after it gets into the zone you want make sure to fire in semi before storing your gun so to keep the spring decompressed.

Oh this is all with the enhanced version.

4. Jacgren

Jacgren Member

Katonah
    Using .25 instead of .20 on the chrono is cheating. OP, if you get the enhanced, compress the spring and leave it overnight as ^ he said. It should bring it down closer to 390-400 FPS.

5. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

It's like bringing your own candy to the movies. It's wrong but everyone does it.

6. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    Its not cheating if the field/OP states that this is ok aslong as you use the same weight bbs. Guess fields insurances differ on the subject.

7. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Get a jg m4, mags, and smart charger.

8. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Did you even read the posts? Obviously not because he's deciding between the enhanced and regular.

9. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    That doesn't mean it's right. Cheating the chrono is one thing that I hate when people do. It shows you have no character. I don't hate it because it hurts I hate it because it give an unfair advantage. Adding more fps gives your gun higher potential and when people actually follow the rules it is unfair.
    OP don't listen to this gun. This is the wrong thing to do.

10. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    This, plus it is dangerous.
    Fields have FPS limits for a reason. I guarantee you the fastest way to get airsoft banned is if people abuse the rules and end up hurting someone.

11. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Stay on topic people. I'd go with the standard JG. This way, you can change the internals as you see fit. It shoots safely, and it allows you to do what you want. Not that the enhanced doesn't, but you can spend the money you save on parts you want.

12. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    I did actually, and I was recommending stuff based on his $200 budget.

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

You really should get a smart charger with it. Also an extra magazine would be good. Maybe a spare battery. I would also go with the enhanced and let the spring stay compressed overnight.

14. deus217

deus217 New Member

monterey
    I suggest either a lancer tacical because it is extremely budget friendly and comes with an ris on one of the versions if you want it and the ris version comes with a vertical grip a battery and a charger great for any begginer and leaves you money to buy extra mags a smart charger and extra gear

15. deus217

deus217 New Member

monterey
    And just go with the enhanced and compress the srping

16. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Don't listen to him, the jg is way better and will out last the lancer. There is a reason it is under 100$.

17. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Most fields have limits with different BB wieghts. The field might be 400 with .2s and 350 with .25s

Totally different analogy. Not to mention any honorable player wouldn't use a heavier BB wieght to cheat the chrono.

It IS cheating if you lie about your BB wieght.

Not going to elaborate but the fields have rules for a reason. The FPS limits are there for SAFETY. DO NOT lie about your BB wieght to beat the chrono. This is one of the fastest ways to get kicked out of a field.

Now onto the OPs question
    I suggest going with the regular JG. You don't gain much buy spending the extra money for enhanced. The money you save could go towards a smart charger, Extra mags, BB's, Better eye protection, Upgrades for guns, Etc...

Also this way you will be sure you are within field limits. Last thing you want is to show up and not be able to play because the gun is shooting hot.

18. Fish2210

Fish2210 New Member

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I think I will go with the basic if that's what I purchase, and use the extra dough for some accessories. The basic appears to shoot higher than 350 at least from some reviews that I've read or I can always upgrade the internals down the road.

I won't use .25s to chrono, I'm not looking to get thrown out before I start. Does anyone use this size or specifically this model for cqb? There is a cqb field as well

19. ShooterMcgavin

New Port News
    I was not saying lie about it I was saying that some fields just require it to be under 400 fps no matter the weight as long as you use the same weight BBs through out. If the Marshal of the field and the field rules state just under 400 fps using the BBs you will use for the day then it is ok. I do not know what your field does. But I know of 2 that I have been to that do this. And 2 that requires to to chrono with their BBs or .2g BBs. I guess I did not clearly explain this enough in my original posts. I am not saying to break field rules I am saying different fields have different chrono rules.

20. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    So you could shoot a cannon at 400 feet per second at someone at your field. I don't think so.