First Post...Help me choose between these two guns

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by gitaryzt1985, Dec 11, 2012.

1. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    First post and I'm terribly sorry if this has been asked 1000x but here goes...

I'm new to airsoft and have a Walmart Ignite Black Ops M4, Black Ops 1911, and an HK Dual Power G36C (yeah the full Plastic one). I like them all and they all do the job reasonably well, but I want to upgrade my two rifles.

I'm pretty happy with the M4 and 1911 honestly, but have no idea on the longevity or quality of the Black Ops walmart stuff. I know that I'm going to get an Umarex G36c, but I can't decide on whether I should get the Umarex G36KV or a G&P M4 full metal to compliment the G36.

The budget is $380. I can get the G36c for $150-ish, so that leaves me $240 for another gun. I guess the BIGGEST question is should I go for the full metal G&P M4, or the G36KV with scope to complement my G36C.

I just hate to get another M4 when the Black Ops is working just fine and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Also, one last off-topic question...is the Umarex stuff pretty good as long as we are talking about the $150+ stuff and not the dual power guns?

2. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior

3. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Thanks for the info! I've got the Dual Power G36, which honestly feels pretty flimsy and it's jammed twice due to the colder weather and plastic internals. I'm going to return it this week and get the Umarex G36C with metal internals and such.

I'd love to get a full metal M4, but there is something that is calling me towards the Umarex G36KV. I love the styling and the scope, but I'm afraid it would be too close to the G36C to be useful.

4. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    You honestly have a good budget,It is time to get you geared up and ready to play.Do you have any gear?

5. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    For $380, I'd wouldn't pursue getting two guns, instead get a VFC, I know it's another M4 but VFC will out preform a lot of other stock guns.

6. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Thanks! As it stands right now, I've never really "played" in the way airsoft is meant to be played. I've simply hacked around in the back yard and shot cans and stuff. But, I've got about 4-6 other guys that have gotten guns and we are clearing an area now to play.

I really don't have any gear other than the Black ops M4, 1911, and G36C dual power. I'm planning on getting the necessary protective gear like the face mask and goggles, gloves, and possibly a vest and helmet...don't know yet. I've been shot in the back with a 350+ fps pistol at 20ft and it felt like a bee sting for a few seconds, but nothing to really write home about, so I figure with the proper face protection I'll be fine.

My mistake was going out and buying cheap guns and expecting no one else to play. The other guys have gotten KWA M4's, and a few metal pistols and I'm a little worried about being outmanned with my Walmart M4. Even though the performance specs on the gun are good, I just wonder how it will hold up.

Thanks for the help, and I'm pretty sold on the Umarex G36C...I have just always loved that gun.

That makes a lot of sense really. I only want a G36 because it's been my favorite looking gun for years, but I could get a nice M4 now and save up for a couple months and get another G36C. I might just hang onto the plastic dual power G36 since it was $70 and would make for a cool "low power" alternative to use with some of the younger kids in my family.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  7. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Your Wal-Mart guns are bad. Give them away or sell them to the neighborhood kids.

Buy the Umarex/Ares G36
    -a few magazines
    -BDUs from your local Suprplus store
    -0.25g bbs (goldenball/TSD...)
    -Proper eve protection (a paintball mask is a good way to start)
    -A smart charger for your battery

8. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Thanks...I'm hoping the Black Ops M4 will hold up...it feels nice and sturdy, but I really want a full metal gun for wear and tear purposes.

9. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    The Umarex/Ares is not a full metal gun. No G36 is metal. They are all made of plastic/polymer bodies. If you want a full metal gun, get the G&P M4.

10. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Agreed, but the metal rails and internals would be heads and shoulders above the Dual power version.

11. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    The difference between day and night.

12. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    After talking to the guys at Airsoft Atlanta, I'm sort of leaning towards a KWA M4. They really downplayed the Umarex G36C and CV for all the returns they have due to the plastic externals. Apparently it's not a polymer but cheap plastic.

13. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    If you want a good m4 i wouldn't go for a kwa.There overpriced for what they are.I would get a vfc.

14. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Just get a VFC in that price range...

15. Bait

Bait New Member

I own a G&P, I have no complaints. If you play CQB you don't really need BDU unless you want to look good. I would get a chest rig or a plate carrier along with the G&P if you do get it.

I would highly recommend you look around for something that suits you the best. The guns other people tell you to get may not be good you you or your field. I play CQB so I got a compact gun. If you field has a lot of houses or rooms in it maybe get a semi-compacted weapon. If your field is long and has a lot of distance get a gun then upgrade it to shoot far and accurate. Just make sure you get a gun that fits YOUR needs not others who are not in your situation.

16. Jch30920

Jch30920 New Member

Newnan
    VFC all the way man. The E Series M4 is a great choice and you can get a good deal on one with all of the holiday deals!

17. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Well, got the G&P M4 Special System Edition from Evike. Black tip as well (hopefully pic is correct!). Also got a Reflex Red/Green Dot sight, 2 clips, a mask, battery and charger. Their 20% off code really made it worth while.

I'm more than likely going to still return the G36C Dual Power. No need for a total plastic gun at this point. All of the extra stuff I got put me over budget.

Here is a pic:

[​IMG]

18. bal1

bal1 New Member

I'm going to say get an Ics M4 and ics has several different model m4s all with spilt GB, ics isn't terribly expensive, and is one of the best IMO, and if all your friends have a kwas the ics will out perform. In my experience, kinda funny when the lea motto is engineered to out perform and they are not.

19. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Superior
    @bal1 he already ordered..

20. gitaryzt1985

gitaryzt1985 New Member

Charlotte
    Thanks guys, yeah I picked up the G&P earlier this week and returned the G36 DP.

So, I'll be using my G&P for battles with larger groups and I'll use the Black Ops M4 for little backyard skirmishes with the kids since it shoots around 300-350 fps.