First Sniper / DMR rifle help

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by tasgal, Oct 30, 2012.

1. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    So the field I will be playing on for the most part, has the following FPS maximums.

FEET PER SECOND (FPS) LIMITATIONS:
    All weapons are choreographed with .20 gram bbs.
    a. Sniper Rifles/Single-Shot Long-Range Weaponry: 500 fps
    b. Automatic Electric Guns (AEGs) 420 fps

What I am looking for in a rifle is good accuracy out to 250-300ft. I would rather not get into a lot of gear box work and / or $200 triggers.
    I am ok with either bolt action or AEG as I am comfortable in sniper or DMR role.

I have been looking at Airsoft GI and Evike custom guns. I have a budget of $320 for the gun and would like to be able to effectively use it out of the box for a few months while I save up for any upgrades that I might need to meet my goal of 250-300ft. However out of the box I would like at least 180-200ft.
    I have several scopes and bipods around the house I can use with the rifle.

Can anyone help me and suggest some options please

2. sr-25er

sr-25er New Member

Airsplat has a mb-03 that shoots very nicely out of the box. It comes with a bipod and scope but the bipod isn't the best.... I have that model and its ideal for woodland quiet sniping, but mine is wrapped in black cloth to keep the noise down. I also made a silencer for it. Like I said, good gun. Just play with the hopup a bit and you are good to go :)

I don't know if any good semi/auto snipers under 420 fps. My sr-25 shoots 450 with .23 gram bb's. sorry bro.

3. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if you get a bolt action be prepared to drop hundred into it to make it accurate out to that distance. Bolt Action rifles need alot of upgrades and work to perform where they should.
    l96 and bar10 are the most common for upgrades.
    As for upgrades, sear set, spring, spring guide, inner barrel, barrel spacers, trigger upgrade and a good scope. That doesnt cover it all those are just basics...

5. DRAGON64

DRAGON64 New Member

Your distance is un-realistic for a stock rifle. I like the MB03 as listed. Airsoft Atlanta also has a G-Spec for $94 that might be a good choice.

http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/Well_JG_BAR_10_G_spec_Airsoft_Sniper_Rifle_p/21317.htm

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
  7. tasgal

tasgal New Member

Richmond
    Protectionperfection, thanks for your help. I like the rifle but by only concern is the FPS, my field only allows 500FPS, so would i just drop in a lower power spring?

Here is what I had thought of.
    A Shadow Op High Power Type96. $130
    Here is my upgrade plan, please add suggestions.
    --Spring for better distance and faster BB:
    Laylax PSS2 130SP Spring $15
    --A cylinder TYPE 96 upgrades
    First Factory - PSS2 Piston Head for APS2 $22
    Laylax PSS2 3 Element Piston $45
    Laylax PSS96 Smooth Spring Guide for Maruzen TYPE 96 $33
    Laylax PSS96 Teflon Cylinder for Maruzen APS Type 96 $94
    Laylax Damper Cylinder Head for APS Type 96 $35

--A better accuracy
    PDI Hop Up for Maruzen Type 96 $75
    2 Barrel spacer for Type96 $15
    MadBull Ver. 2 Precision Inner Barrel for UTG MK96 $34

8. Tacomaco

Tacomaco New Member

Mount Airy
    The thing that you have to think about. Is that spring your putting in. Depending on which one you basically got you yank your arm back hard to cock it