First Time Player.. Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by kingtana1, Nov 8, 2012.

1. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    First of all, I want to introduce myself my nickname is Kingtana. I'm a completely new player and a member. I've always like law enforcement agencies, so I thought if I played some paintball y could gain some experience before I join an agency. But clearly is not related, in my opinion. But a friend of my told me to play airsoft. And I really liked it, and it's a much tactical game. The bottom line is that I LOVED IT!!! :D Now I want to start in the sport, but I really don't know nothing about it. But I'm willing to learn. My first question is which brand sould I buy? I would like a M4, I was told to buy a Full Metal AEG. I was searching online and I really liked the DBoys Full Metal M4 CQB-R AEG Rifle from Airsoft Megastore. Is that a good gun?? I also liked the WG Airsoft High-Powered Sport 103 CO2 Non Blowback 1911 Target Pistol, also form Airsoft Megastore.

Any help or recommendation would be really appreciated. And any tip too.

Thanks!!
    Kingtana

2. airsoftbum1578

airsoftbum1578 New Member

I think you should get a KWA. I was going to get a dboys, but then my friend told me about kwa. So i searched it up, and i think you should go with kwa. They are full metal, and great out of the box.

3. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Okay, JG is the best beginner gun for its price. It is also easily upgradeable. If you want a really good gun, get a VFC or G&P. Pistol wise, go KJW or Tokyo Marui.

4. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    The new KWA is a good gun but that specific dboys is very good. My friend got it when he started playing it lasted like 3 years of abuse before it broke. It shot very well too.

5. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    Where can I get the KWA?? How much it cost??

6. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

What is your budget? I don't suggest getting a KWA because their internals and externals aren't as nice as some of the guns around the same price. I suggest getting a JG or CYMA if you have a low budget. If you have a high budget I suggest VFC, Classic Army, G&P, or ICS. If you want a pistol KWA, KSC, and Tokyo Marui are your best bet, but before you get a pistol make sure you have all the essentials for your AEG. You will need a smart charger and 9.6 or a lipo charger and a 7.4 lipo. Also, you will want extra mags, external upgrades, and high quality BBs. Do not use Crosman BBs and make sure your BBs are at least .20 grams. PM me if you have any other questions.

7. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    I was referring to the KWA CQR rifles. They're decent rifles and are at a fair price. They are sold at a lot of online stores. Examples are Evike, Airsoft Megastore, Etc. They are about 190 on average.

8. schultzebomb

schultzebomb New Member

Monterey
    What is your budget...? $$$$200? $300?

9. SoCalAirsoft562

SoCalAirsoft562 New Member

Garden Grove
    Get a JG G36c, best beginner gun period. Great starter gun and won't break the bank.

10. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London

Or their m4. Either one.

11. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    My budget for all is only $400, maybe a bit more. Is it good??

12. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    That's a pretty good budget. I'm assuming you have gear and everything?

But on the primary, I would recommend an ICS sportsline. I personally own 2 of them and they are great. I have had one for over a year and the other 3-6 months stock. They're great guns especially for beginners because they have ICS's famous split gearbox making things easier to upgrade and maintain. It also comes with forward assist which reduces spring tension making the springs last longer.

Now on the pistol, I would recommend a KJW. They're cheap but great pistols.

With all that said, you should have a little left over for bb's, mags, eye pro, etc.

13. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Okay for your rifle, you are going to probably want a JG M4. It is cheap and highly upgradeable.

For your sidearm, I do not recommend that pistol. It shoots stupidly hard. Get a KJW gas pistol instead.

14. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    I agree on the JG part, My friend's Jg is a dinosaur. the things is years old and was only recently killed. What is don't agree on is the pistols. I think a WE high capa is a good, inexpensive way to go. WE mags are cheap too. i have put 1200 rounds through my new 1911 and it works great. not a long period of time, i know, but a friend of mine got a kwa and due to poor choices with his use of it is looking for a new pistol. Start cheaper, then upgrade or buy better weapons. don't go too cheap though. $400 should be enough to get you a gun, magazine, battery, charger, pistol, and a few accessories.

15. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    Do you guys recommend a full metal gun or it doesn't matter? Whats the difference?

16. GunsnBones

GunsnBones New Member

I personally like full metal guns unless the real steel is plastic, such as the G36. It also depends on the brand, because some brands use pot metal for externals. If it came down to a pot metal body vs. a high quality plastic I would chose the high quality plastic. I know people that like plastic bodies because they are usually cheaper and lighter. There is not really a better one, it just comes down to personal preference. The difference between them is that the metal one has a metal body and the plastic one has a plastic body. PM me if you have any questions.

17. TheInfidel23

TheInfidel23 Resident Derp Supporting Member

Greenville
    Be careful of guns that say full metal but just mean metal internals, and still have plastic externals.

18. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    Do you recommend the Echo1 M4 Full Metal?? Is it good??

19. rblevinski

Philadelphia
    There are a lot of mixed feelings over it, personally I don't like it. Everybody is saying JG and if that 409 dollars is for just a gun and you have gear you could get something much better.

20. kingtana1

kingtana1 New Member

Toa Baja
    The $400 is for the gun and the gear! :/ I really think that is no going to be enough.