First time setup....too much??

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by CrimzenHammer, Oct 12, 2012.

1. CrimzenHammer

CrimzenHammer New Member

Roanoke
    So, im watching a few groups, waiting for a local game and I am collecting gear for my first match.

M4 AEG, 1 high cap clip, 2 med cap clips
    P10 O2, 3 clips
    random spring powered pistol (god help me if this is what I get left with)

Too much??

2. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    Not clips, magazines.

Pictures of your stuff?

3. CrimzenHammer

CrimzenHammer New Member

Roanoke
    at work at the moment, ill try to get some when I get home...and what is the difference between a clip and a magazine??

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Use semi-auto and pick your shots, dont waste your ammo. Youll be fine with a highcap and 2 mids. I run 6 mids but usually only go through 4 at the most. Semi-auto is your best friend. get used to it and love it. Full-auto only when you have to or you have a group within range

http://www.minutemanreview.com/2008/09/clip-vs-magazine-lesson-in-firearm.html
    there is pictures and definitions of mags vs. clips

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  5. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    What he said. And your amount of gear depends on a lot of factors including your trigger control, length of engagements and how much you can carry.

6. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I use 6-7 midcaps or 4 high caps and. Still I sometimes run out of ammo. You should definitely use semi or fire in short bursts.

7. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    I run 1 high cap and 4 mid caps with a 200rd speed loader just in case so you should be good just use semi auto.

8. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    I run 5 mid caps, one in the gun and four in my vest. I've had matches where I only went through one 130 round mag though.

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Active Member

Meadville
    I run 3 hi-caps and 9 mid/low-caps, an echo 1 RDW, and a WE M1911 with 4 mags sooo........

10. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    A M16, AK-47, Mp5, and all other assault rifles, sub machine guns, use magazines to store ammo. The M1 Garand uses clips, as well as many other older military weapons.

11. deathmonkey_352

deathmonkey_352 New Member

I run 5 high caps 2 15 rd co2 mags and a springer with a 80 rd mag ill be fine.

12. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Haha you think youll be fine with a springer haha.... ok tell yourself what ever you want.............

hes doomed

I run with 2 high caps and one mid cap (Not because I want to, but i need cash first to buy things :( so ya) and either one mag for my 1911 (untill i get more) or 2 mags for my glock.

Also, I know its not the place for it, but I am buying mags. and am selling the co2 glock. Sorry :p

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  13. deathmonkey_352

deathmonkey_352 New Member

No I said 5 high caps for an m4 the springer is my back-up because I play long skirmishes

14. FLUGMERKUR

FLUGMERKUR Schatten Gruppe Staff Member

Eastcoast
    I run 8 G3 hi caps in my vest. 2 more in the gun. 10 total. A USP Tactical as my secondary. And a 8mm derrenger as my backup. Add to that 6 thunder b's, and two 70,000 square feet smoke bombs. Sometimes I use one mag. Sometimes I go through everything. (oh and I don't spray and pray)

15. UsMc-alltheway

UsMc-alltheway New Member

Tampa
    How do you go through 10 high caps without spraying everything you see!?!?

16. FLUGMERKUR

FLUGMERKUR Schatten Gruppe Staff Member

Eastcoast
    Lol. Well at my field we can play anywhere from 6 hours, to 72 hours straight. So during short games I'll only go through 1 or 2 mags, but in the long games I could go through them all.

17. fradd

fradd New Member

Well, a magazine is simply not called a clip.
    A clip is one of those strips with bullets in it that they would load into older rifles, like the M1 Garand.

A clip:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Clip_M1-SKS.JPG

So, if you don't want to say "magazine" because it has too many syllables, you should just say "mag".

BTW: I run 1 high cap mag and it lasted me for an entire 6 hour game.

18. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    That has been well explained already:

The best advise for the OP is to see how much you will shoot in say, an hour of off and on fire fights and multiply it by however long you play.

So if I shot through 3 mid caps in around an hour, and I was going to be playing a longer 12 hour all day op, I would bring probably 6 magazines along with a small tightly taped bag of around 2000 bb's.

Also water(probably a hydration pack or a nalgene bottle/canteen), some energy bars(Clif is good), a multitool/ knife, an extra battery(just in case), extra gas for a pistol.

19. stroop66

stroop66 New Member

Exactly you think youll be fine with a springer. Why hi caps though? Do you not here the rattle as you run?

In short games the most i have ever gone through is 1 high cap, and maybe a mid cap. For a short game I go through half a high cap during short games.

20. fradd

fradd New Member

Well no point wasting time telling me that.