Fixing ICS MGL issue

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Hiberius, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Hiberius

Hiberius Member

I got an MGL and the new Matrix VX-1 rounds, but the range was kinda garbage so I was looking to fix the problem. I found out the MGL has tabs the stick into the barrel (I guess to help hold the gun together) which make contact with the VX-1 shells as they exit. I plan to take the launcher apart to file those tabs down a little bit but I don’t want to mess up my launcher in the process. Has anyone taken apart an MGL and can give me tips to not destroy the gun? Thanks

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Most of the materials in Airsoft is made of "soft" materials.

If nothing moves easily...don't force it. It may be held in place with adhesive or a hidden retention system. So, go slow and look for everything.

3. Hiberius

Hiberius Member

I’m not too worried about the removable process since it’s polymer and I’ve had to work with it before, it’s the adhesive part you mentioned that I’m really worried about. Also hope I don’t accidentally shave off too much of the clips and fundamentally ruin the gun.