Fixing M4 Mags

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by INFANTRYPRO, Aug 12, 2012.

1. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Ok so the spring that pushes the bb's up into my gun is very weak so it's not feeding. Is there a way to fix it?

2. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Hicaps or midcaps? Of it's hicaps, I personally can't really help you.

3. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

New magazine. You could find a perfect aftermarket spring probaly not for airsoft but make it fit by cutting it.

4. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

It is a HiCap. 20 characters

5. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

Alright I'll see what I can do

6. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    If its a highcap probably just cheaper to get a new mag.

7. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

And a whole lot easier. Use it until you cant feed it anymore.

8. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWzYYZyViXA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWzYYZyViXA[/ame]

once you open it up, look for broken parts. if there's no broken parts, then it's usually a dirty spring. i've fixed many non-feeding hicap mags just by cleaning the spring.

9. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Is cleaning it just washing it, or use something like a QTip to clean it?

10. BRTSoloWing

BRTSoloWing Well-Known Member

China Grove
    I just fixed two of my hi-caps, when you pull the inside part out, there should be 4 screws holding it together, take them out and carefully pull the two halves apart. You can take a damp cloth and clean any dirt you see in it from here. This should fix your problem. And check and make sure you gears and the lock washer are good and secure as well

11. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

I looked and it just the spring is very loose. I'm just going to take out a bunch of the parts and use it as an ammo holder.

12. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    If you have not done this already, do not do it. It is really a simple fix. The tip of your spring has broke, it happens. Follow the video to disassemble the mag; however, do not remove the entire spring!!!

When you get to the piece that houses the coiled spring, take the toothed cover off to expose the spring, but do not remove the spring.

Hold the spring with one hand and remove about three inches of it from the center of the spring coil, hold the rest in place with your one hand. Use a pair of needle nose pliers and bend the end into a "U" about an 1/8" wide. The center post has two slits in it, simply slide this new "U" shape into the slits and reassemble the mag. It will wind like a new mag. I just fixed two mags this weekend for B-B Wars latest game. It is a simple, quick fix and will save you a lot of money over the years.