Flanking the flankers

Discussion in 'Tactics & Strategies' started by jtw8376, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jtw8376

jtw8376 New Member

Where we play airsoft we have found the games turning into a flanking game....still very intense but how do confront the flankers?
    Keep in mind that we mainly do deep wooded area.
    Thank you.

2. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    I was at op yj2 my squad, recon delta, ran into this problem constantly in the wooded terrain. We had our supports hold the line and the basic idea is back, out, side. While people hold, get the rest to retreat back out of range of their fire, run outside of their range diameter and you end up at their side, then flank. Worked all the time for us.

3. jtw8376

jtw8376 New Member

Cool thanks how many people did u guys have?

4. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    At the start we went with Assault alpha and they had 8, recon delta had 4 including me. The tactic worked with just us four too. We had our two m4 support guys hold while our sniper and me dmr go complete around and and pick them off from their flank. The trick is how far to go out without getting seperated, spotted, or if your too close and get shot.

5. paratrooper

paratrooper New Member

how long does it take for that tactic to work?

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    flankers are predictable. retreat with one guy staying hidden to shoot them in the back when they advance. works every time. one thing about flankers, they get tunnel vision and forget about security.

7. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Depends. Factors include enemy troop count, how spread they are, and how aware each individual is, in most situations its not much. If there are a lot of enemies with a lot of firepower and spread out much it takes a bit. But if you against a small squad of 5 or so not spread out much its fairly quick depending on how fast you can go out, around, and flank.