Flash hider

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Derf8291, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Derf8291

Derf8291 New Member

Hey everyone so I just got a Magpul PTS Masada ACR and I'm pumped but I want to remove the orange flash hider and put on the black metal one that came with the gun does anyone know which way the barrel is threaded? And how I would go about removing the orange tip I believe it is glued aswell as threaded ( don't know why they glued it if you could just screw it on but whatever) anyways any help would be much appreciated.

2. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    it's 14mm positive/clockwise threaded

3. cysko

cysko New Member

If your not able to unscrew it just get a drill bit that's small enough for the screws but won't damage the threads

4. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    unscrew it like normal after boiling some water and placing the orange tip in there for approx 3 minutes. Use pliers if necessary but make sure not to ruin the threads. Its a + thread. lefty is loosey in this case. Make sure you get a + flash hider or a +/- adapter.

5. Derf8291

Derf8291 New Member

Ok thanks guys I will try that ideally I dont want to ruin the orange flash hider if that's possible I'll try to boil it then unscrew it

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    if you use channel locks around the base and you put some type of cloth in between the pliers and the hider, you can save it just fine. I did mine this way on every gun and still have every orange hider

7. UrGirlfriendz

UrGirlfriendz New Member

Bridgewater
    Wasn't there a thread like this yesterday? I posted in it and 703 gave the same links. Gahh, people just don't learn!

8. Derf8291

Derf8291 New Member

It's cool you took your time to find all the previous threads that asked this same question

9. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    I have them on speed dial because this question gets asked so many times :D
    Just trying to keep the forums a little less cluttered haha.

10. Derf8291

Derf8291 New Member

Ok well thanks to everyone for there help