Flashider not coming off

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TheLostCause, Oct 4, 2012.

1. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

So the flashider on my Sig 556 will not come off there is a screw in the flashider but I have went and bought Metric and regular L wrenches and all they do is strip. There is no glue, its just the screw will not come out! Can anyone help me out?

2. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

Could you upload a picture of it so we can further help you?

3. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Theres really no need for a picture its the screw thats goes on the bottom of a flashider and screws to the barrel.

4. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

We don't know what size the screw is, what brand you have, and what type of flash hider you have.

5. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

The gun is a Cybergun Sig 556, m4 bridcage style flashider and the screw is like normal flash hider screws

6. Duke

Duke New Member

Then there is no reason it shouldn't come out like normal screws.. Just upload a picture it will streamline the help process

7. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Is it a star key? If you try an allan in a star fit it will strip

8. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

No It not a star heres a pic its not the best but here:
    [​IMG]

9. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    did you buy it used? if not you stripped the hell out of that screw by using the wrong size

10. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I bet he could tap that screw. Not going to be easy by any means, but possible. Or you could drill it out like I had to do on mine.

11. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Yes I bought it used.

12. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    ok then the person who had it before you stripped the crap out of it. Get some superglue and put an allan key in there when it dries you can take it out. Get a new screw for it. some hardware stores may have them. we have a bolt nut and screw company local so its easy for me to get replacements...
    if the glue doesnt work youll need a reverse drill bit. and slowly drill it out. youll need to retap it and clean the threads...

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Mcmaster.com has the grub screws as well. I'll go grab the part number for you. That's also a good place to get sorbo, misc screws, and any hardware you could need! :p

14. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Try taking a power drill, and drilling it out with a small bit. If you have a reverse bit, it might catch the threads and pull it out. I've done that before

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Here is a link to the thread discussing mcmaster.com and the parts numbers you should get: LINKAGE

16. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Well the superglue didnt work so im either going to drill carefully or if that doesnt work use a dremel

17. Duke

Duke New Member

If the drill doesn't work, use the metal sanding bit on the dremel, it should work no problem

18. TheLostCause

TheLostCause New Member

Got the drill to work thank you guys

19. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    No problem, thought it would do the trick