Floridaairsoft.com forums down/gone?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by madashell, Jan 2, 2013.

1. madashell

madashell New Member

Bradenton
    I have been out of airsoft a while but recently went back to check the forums and it appears the website is either down or closed. Anyone have any news on it? Thanks.

2. madashell

madashell New Member

Bradenton
    Your right, was able to log in and see some posts. I checked a week (maybe 2) and got a mostly blank home page and again when I checked tonight I was unable to log in and most of the links didn't work.

3. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I know a rather large part of the community wasn't a big fan of the place. But odds are someone mistakenly hit the reset switch or screwed up while trying to update something.

Edit: ahhh apparently someone messed up the default index page. Use this: http://www.floridaairsoft.com/index.php
    You may need to refresh the page.

4. madashell

madashell New Member

Bradenton
    Can I know the reason for the animosity toward FA? I have always heard that, but was unsure why. They were the first community I joined when I started airsoft at 18 in college and, other than a brief time spent with the South Florida airsoft community, consider it my home.... even if I have been absent the past few years.

5. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I wouldn't say animosity, that's a bit harsh. Some players hate them, I simply don't agree with them. Nothing more, nothing less.
    The problem is based on age, the fact that to simply be a user you have to be 18+. And I understand, you have to be at elast 18 to purchase the guns, but the problem is that we still have kids (persons under 18) playing the sport and because they're so quickly kicked away, they're stuck learning "street rules" and learning invalid concepts with the sport.
    They start believing high velocity guns are the way to go, TM guns are crap, and so on so on, when we al know it's simply not the truth. The kids just are not properly educated, and in turn learn all the wrong concepts. Ultimately these tend to be the players of which we as more mature older players tend to argue and fight with on the field and often shun for the ignorance.

Again, I don't hate FA at all, I like the fact they're adult based, it's just I wish instead of banning so quickly, they'd give an alternative for the younger crowd. Now for the reasons I disagree with them, other seem to hate and dispise them. I personally say they're wasting their energy.

6. madashell

madashell New Member

Bradenton
    I have always been able to see both side of the coin. I think for FA it was somewhat for liability reasons. I specifically remember finding FA when I was still in high school. I learned about airsoft from a PC Gammer magazine, the website they mentioned was 747imports.com (goes to airsplat now, but used to be its own company). I spent a LOONG time looking at all the AEG's offered. When I finally turned 18 and moved to college I got my first gun and started posting on FA. I guess because I had waited till I was 18 I didn't see why other kids couldn't.

With that being said, I have played games with some very mature under 18 players. These games sometimes included players over 18 that were less mature and less sportsman like. So I get that they can be responsible players, but in the end, do I want to be responsible for little Johnny if he gets hurt or injured? Not really. Also, I did have one horrible incident with a kid that left a bad taste in my mouth. Early in the day I sold him a spare battery and he put it in his shirt pocket. By the end of the day he pulled it out and one of the wires had broken off. He started to demand his money back and I said it was his fault for having it in a shirt pocket while playing. Kid says his dad is a cop, will have me arrested, ect... Anyway, this kid hounded me for weeks. Had my internet information, my home phone, made prank calls, all sorts of crap. All for a $20 battery he ruined.