Flyye Plate Carrier

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by CoppertopNeasg, Dec 27, 2012.

1. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_95&products_id=699

What are your opinions on this plate carrier? I am 5'8" and 150 lb. I plan on getting it in small. How do you think Khaki will look with Khaki bottoms and a black top. For pouches I think I will go with a triple shingle with 3 open double open top mag pouches with my pistol mag pouches above my heart. Also if I am running my TM G17 on my belt in a serpa on my right will my draw be hindered?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    It's a mediocre design. It doesn't have much space and they set an odd number of loops centered on the vest, which means you can't really center anything on the vest. The MBSS gives you a little more space. But if you really like the FAPC, pick up the Gen 2 with the cummerbund. You get much more space and a much better webbing layout.

3. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
  4. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes, that's the MBSS.

Look at the pictures. The Gen 2 has a cummerbund, and kangaroo pouch, and a different webbing layout.

5. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    A Gen 2 has a cummerbund which gives you more molle space on the sides. I would also suggest a PC with at cummerbund if you plan on carrying more than six mags at a time. I would only fit 3 double mags pouches on the front of my MBSS.

6. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    Due to a fairly large amount of derp I do not know what a kangaroo pouch is. Also, would you happen to have a link to a Gen II because I cannot seem to find one. Also, what are your opinions CB vs. Khaki.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  7. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
  8. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
  9. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    I think I may go with the Gen I for money reasons is that a big mistake?

10. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    By the way a khaki PC will look fine with khaki pants and a black shirt. Khaki is one of the best colors to get a PC in because of its university.

11. iZazzil

iZazzil New Member

Grapevine
  12. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Probably. If money is a big concern, get the RRV instead. More useful real estate, similar price, better overall design.

13. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    Looks like I'm shelling out another 60 dollars because for some reason I love the FAPC.

14. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I would still go with the Gen 2 so you are able to expand on molle if need be.

15. CoppertopNeasg

Boston
    Will do, thanks for the help. Anyone no any coupon codes for Shooter Combat Gear?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012