FLYYE RRV vest

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Kevin_Poon, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
  2. alek9952

alek9952 New Member

3. champo98

champo98 New Member

You have the right idea going with FLYYE over condor or Oetech. Whatever you do, don't buy a condor. I regret my waste of $100 every time I see it.

4. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    So you think it is good to keep sticking on flyye? What about my vest, is it ok?

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That's a great vest. FLYYE makes solid gear and the RRV is a great design. I have a Pantac RRV and it's a regular in my rotation. It's a great light weight design with a lot of flexibility to either bulk up with the aftermarket rear panel or open up more ventilation with the fold-down bib. It has 16 columns of webbing across the chest, which is ample room for all but the bulkiest of kits. I love my RRV and I'd recommend it to you in a heart beat.

That said, don't get black. It looks bad and it stands out in almost every environment. Coyote Brown or khaki are great choices to blend in outdoors and match whatever camo you're wearing.

6. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I second this. Although I'm currently selling my Pantac RRV, I regret having to. It is one of the nicest rigs I've run, as the amount that you can customize it and how lightweight it is make it very easy to like.

7. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    Cuz I am playing CQB, so I need to have black. And also team problem.

8. Grin

Irvine
    ... CQB = black... I have NEVER seen black work in any environment... Minus a pitch-black room my friends kidnapped me and put me in :p.

9. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    CQB is really dark, and wearing tan colour is really easy to be spotted at.

10. Grin

Irvine
    Regardless, black will ALWAYS be silhouetted against your background more than other colours. Your statement is backed up by neither fact nor experience, clearly. I'm guessing that your CQB facility is the normal type, where it has wood barriers and such. In that case, a tan colour would work much better.

11. champo98

champo98 New Member

Learn from my mistakes, black is terrible. We even played a mid night op, and I moved through the shadows, and theyvsaw my movement in the shadows. If your CQB field is like most, there's wood barriers. In which case, tan is best.

12. Grin

Irvine
    The fact of the matter is that black is silhouetted against the background any time there is a light source, as it will always be darker than the background. Because of that, the human eye will be naturally attracted to the one perceivable object, moving or not.

That's more to add to your comment, Champo. Not to argue with you.

13. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    The places where I play CQB are mainly dark, and it is much better wearing black. And also as I said, it is problem of teaming.

14. Grin

Irvine
    It doesn't matter if it's dark or not, as long as there is a light source then black is the worst colour available. And if it's pitch black then colour does not make any difference whatsoever.

Oh, and you might want to find a team not full of people wearing the most useless colour available. ;) I like to shoot at the people in black first.

15. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    Okay I will consider other colours. But don't be racist LOL

16. Grin

Irvine
    < is a minority. ;P

So THEREFORE it is clearly impossible for me to be racist! :rolleyes:

I would suggest either khaki or a coyote colour. They're both great and go with just about any colour/pattern uniform.

17. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    If you're worried about being too light, get Ranger Green. It'll be light enough not to stand out in the dark and dark enough that you won't feel weird or whatever.

What Grin is saying is 100% true. Think about it this way, as the light dims, it dims the same everywhere. Whatever color you wore that was neutral in the light will be neutral when it gets darker. Black starts out darker than the environment under normal lights, so when the light in the building goes down, the light on the black goes down as well, keeping it darker than the environment. That continues to be the case until there is no light at all, at which point it doesn't matter.

You want a neutral color to work with in dark lighting because it will always be neutral no matter what the lighting conditions are.

18. Grin

Irvine
    Goddurnit, Knief. You explain it much better than I do.

19. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    thanks for ur elaboration:)

20. Kevin_Poon

Kevin_Poon New Member

Hong Kong
    Back to topic, what do u think about this vest?