Fogging goggles.

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by NobleNik22, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NobleNik22

NobleNik22 New Member

I use Revision Desert locust goggles, they fog as any other goggles without fans. Is there ways I can "anti-fog" the goggles? I heard of baby shampoo does that work for anyone?

2. Iram

Iram Member

Austin
    I've seen lots of chemical solutions to anti-fogging. The best thing I saw, and I have no idea where you'd get it, looked like a square pink crayon that you'd draw on the lense with an polish it off.

The best solution I've seen for fogging goggles is cardo. Getting in better shape caused me to huff and puff less, and thus less fogging. Too bad I didn't keep it up.

There are a few guys at my field who swear by baby shampoo, though I've never tried it.

3. Kln75

Kln75 Member

Melissa
    For scuba diving you use anti fog which is basically dish soap that you mix with water and put a light layer over the inside of the goggles.

4. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Rain X anti-fog. It's cheap and it works better than every other product I've tried. I sweat a lot in the summer and my goggles would fog quickly because of it. Spray it on the inside of the lens and wipe out the excess with a soft cloth. It will last 3-4 hours on one application.

5. P4INC

P4INC Active Member

Shaving cream. Clean the goggles really good. Then take some cream on a paper towel and apply it to the inside of your lenses like you were waxing a car, circular overlapping motions. Then let that sit for like 5 minutes and buff it off with another paper towel or kitchen towel. Viola, no more fog

6. Steeljaw36

Steeljaw36 Member

Millsboro
    Cat crap (that's the name of the anti fog spray/wipe, not actual cat feces). Spray some on the inside lens, then rub it in with a cloth. Works great even in high humidity areas. I also have lens inserts in my goggles and I sweat like a horse. Never had a fog issue when I used that stuff. Now sweat, that was a different story...and that's probably more information than you care to know.

7. Grimace

Grimace New Member

Burke
    I have run Desert Locusts for a few years now and haven't really had problems until it's really hot and I'm sweating a ton. Usually the issue is sweat dripping on the outer or inner lens, not the lenses actually fogging up.

Three tips for you:
    1. I assume you already tore off the foam on the top and bottom. If you haven't, do it now. That makes a world of difference regarding fogging. Just tear off the foam by hand and scrape off the remaining foam and glue with a fingernail or knife. This doesn't affect the ability of the goggle to stop a BB or anything.

2. Dish soap. Put a small drop on your finger, smear it all over the inside of the lens, let it fully dry, and buff with a microfiber towel. Do this the morning of the event, if you do it and wait a few days, it won't be as effective. I'm sure the stuff like Cat Crap and Rain X and stuff work well too. Dish soap is cheap and effective, and you probably have some around your house and don't have to go out and spend $10 to get a small bottle of the other stuff.

3. I started using a mesh face mask rather than a shemagh or head wrap. The field I normally play at requires full face protection. I've found that shemaghs or other cloth face pro things that covers your nose and mouth will fog up your goggles like crazy once you're breathing hard. In my opinion, the mesh full face masks work much better at helping out with the fogging problem.

Hope this helps!

8. Chow

Chow Well-Known Member Supporting Member

DFW
    I second this. I have tried some other methods, shaving cream, dish soap, spit, etc. Bu never got good results. However, I've used the paste/cream type of Cat Crap for awhile now and never had any issues with it and it works for me. Of course, it's not permanent, but each application will typically last me about 2-3 hours of use. I would recommend trying some, Amazon Link.

9. E135

E135 Active Member

Spray some rain-x onto the lens, then use a paper towel on the lens like you are cleaning it. Make sure to get the whole surface. Also, your goggles may fog up anyways if the chin strap on your helmet is pushing your face mesh up into your gogtles. This actually causes your breath to go directly to the goggles for whatever reason.

10. P4INC

P4INC Active Member

Rain X is harmful if you get it in your eyes, so I would not recommend this. I wanna say they have special Rain X stuff for goggles but I'm not sure.

11. secondwind

secondwind New Member

Johnson & Johnson No More Tears baby shampoo/soap. It works great and won't sting much if it gets on your eyes. So good that astronauts use it.

Just add in a tiny bit of water and smear it around your lens and let them dry. Reapply between games etc. Some players complain that xyz brand doesn't work well or whatever and it's because it washes off [laughs].

12. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Obviously, you wipe out the excess Rain-X off before putting your goggles on. I've used it on my Wiley-X's and Oakley M-Frames for years with no problems.

13. P4INC

P4INC Active Member

Ok, well if it's working for you that's great.