For a friend

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Batman, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Okay so my friend is looking to get into airsoft. He just got payed and has $700. I took him with me once and he used a field loaner gun, a CA proline M4. He liked it and didn't want to use my CYMA M14 when I offered, because he said he didn't like how heavy it was. As far as gear, his dad (Air Force retired) gave him a M88 LBV and an ALICE setup, so I'm not sure he needs gear. Anyway,

Price Range: $400 (saving some for gear, mags, bb's, etc)

Type of Gun You Want: Electric

Preferred Gun Models: He has expressed interest in the G36, M4, Ak. I think anything is fine as long as it's compact and not overly heavy.

What Role/Type of Play You Will Be Doing/Playing: Field

He asked me to send him some links to guns on facebook, but I don't know where to start. I am thinking G&P, VFC, etc and he will probably also want a sidearm. But we will cover that later.

2. airsoft6274

airsoft6274 New Member

I believe the Tokyo Mario G36 is in that price range 320 I think and it is of Tokyo Marui quality

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

If he liked the CA proline, why not get that?

4. AppleJuiceChristmas

AppleJuiceChristmas New Member

hoover
    G&P or VFC is your best bet,TM is good but hard to find.

5. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Thing is I buy all my guns used. I will talk to him and see if he wants new or not, thanks guys.

6. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

The question is, how sure is he that he wants to airsoft? If he just wants to try it, there's no point in him spending $350 to realize that he doesn't like it, and he may want to look at a budget AEG, like a JG.

7. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Well like I said, he already went to a game with me. He seems into it, but yeah I will caution him.

8. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Look into a used X-series. If he likes the CAs already might as well pick one up. They come in different lengths and configs so im sure he can find one he likes.