Forum Based Airsoft Competition

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by adas1223, Jul 11, 2018.

1. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    Has anyone ever took part/started an Airsoft competition/time attack? I'm familiar with some gun forums online posting their accuracy results from 100yrds, and competing by way of posting pictures. why not have a standard course for airsoft guns in general and post videos?

I was thinking more on the lines of having standardized targets placed a certain distance from another target and shooter. The one competing would have their own set up at home (preferably indoors) recording video of themselves and a clock which can be seen in frame (digital or analog)

example: there would be 8 targets placed 10ft away from the shooter (in a specific formation) once the clock starts, he needs to ring the 8 targets in a regulated pattern.

Kind of like IDPA but a smaller scale, ideally which most of the members of this forum can setup. So no matter if you have a $10 spring gun, and a small backyard, you can take part in this competition.

I feel like this could get some game time in between the skirmishes. or even put some pep in our back yard plinking.

What do you guys think? i know some people setup their own range indoors, but maybe we can standardize some targets and get a race going on. maybe gas pistol class, aeg class, shotgun class, springer class etc.

Honeybadgerz17 and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  2. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue

3. adas1223

stratford
    yeah dude, lets start this.

What do you think would make good targets? should be something everyone already has (Cans, cardboard, etc.)

It should be small (simulating a farther distance) and 10 ft is pretty close. Also, i dont think paper would make a great choice because hits wouldn't appear on video well.

Maybe 20 quarters half a foot away from each other. propped up on something. imagine how hard that would be..

4. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    Jeez, we could probably do pop cans at like 15 ft distance, maybe 5-10 at 15 feet. Seems reasonable for gbb and aegs. Then time how fast you could shoot em down. Maybe going from outside to Inside to practice quick target acquisition as opposed to shooting down the line.

adas1223 likes this.
  5. adas1223

stratford
    its hard! plus, hitting cans at 60ft is pretty easy. but i like your idea of starting from the outside in, alternating. also, with 20 quarters, you also MIGHT need to do a magazine change. SOOO 2 magazine on a pistol is well within everyones budget.

Im just imagining most people here have 10ft x 10ft playable space to setup their range.

maybe we can also mix in some movement techniques. nothing fancy. like starting from a table with mag out, or holstered.

6. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    Sounds promising

7. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    Sounds cool, I might be able to do this. I would probably use an AEG built for trigger response, my KC02, or G17. A slightly longer range competition could be fun but harder to do.

8. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    After my initial testing I found this.
    20180711_154511.jpg
    All I did was cut a slot in the box with a knife, then slid the quarters in the slot. 15313499472454567405775932660111.jpg
    Then used my AW Hi cappa to shoot some quarters. Was using .25s at around 20 ft and after initial sighting in it was pretty easy to shoot em off.

adas1223 and BOA_SP3CT3R like this.
  9. adas1223

stratford
    you beat me to it. i was thinking laying tape upside down and tacking down some quarters to stand. 20ft quarter shots? dam.

also, has anyone tried any new ipsc timer apps? im thinking once we decide on a setup, make a video recording of both the shot timer app and your performance. then we can have a monthly high score. then change up the setup every month (out door long range, aeg month, springer month, etc)

i'll post up my setup later this weekend XD

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.
  10. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    Nice, I had the quarters pretty close together and hi cappas have like 20 rounds so lots to play with lol

adas1223 likes this.
  11. adas1223

stratford
    nice. hence why i think having them spread out apart and having to change direction should put a nice challenge in.

12. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    True, cant wait to see your results this weekend to kick off this competition

13. NorsemanSDD

NorsemanSDD Well-Known Member

Rice
  14. BOA_SP3CT3R

BOA_SP3CT3R Moderator Staff Member Moderator Supporting Member

Bull Shoals
    I think I'll try something like that. Might be able to tomorrow.

15. adas1223

stratford
    HOLY carps, lol! yeah, the average joe shmo wont be able to replicate that. impressive!

heres my build so far

IMG_20180713_201910.jpg

Thats an 8' 2x4 split down the middle. then tacked on another 2' on one end totaling 10 feet. used a dremel with a fiber wheel to cut slots for the quarters 6" apart.

Its hard! 10 foot muzzle distance is quite close, so the hold over on a quarter is about 3 inches above target. first try, I used 40 rounds to take out 8 quarters!

If i were to stand a chance with 40 rounds, Id need to really dail in my point of aim/impact, or just say F it and get a red dot LOL.

Ill give it another run soon, its kind of intimidating. ALSO the app we can use is called "IPSC shot timer" on android. it has a 10 second random start beep

16. NorsemanSDD

NorsemanSDD Well-Known Member

Rice
    A cheap alternative to mine is to hang cow bells off a board. They ring when struck indicating a hit. And there is no need to reset them. Just dont buy the big heavy ones.....

adas1223 likes this.
  17. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    eyy, might have to replicate that. lets standardize whats going to be the competition. So 8 quarters 6in apart? however you can achieve that... with my box method or your wood method I guess. What you guys think

adas1223 likes this.
  18. adas1223

stratford
    Yeah lets start with that first LOL. the 20 quarters over 10 feet had me sweating bullets.

Also, lets keep the muzzle distance from the center quarters 10 ft minimum. I'll get my vid up soon enough

19. adas1223

stratford
    unofficial run using the ipsc shot timer app. this was really more to test out my tracer hop unit i rigged up.