Forum Interested People

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Hyperslow556, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I've looked into it and I don't have the powers to do things like that. As I'm not the main forum admin I'm essentially a mod with a few extra powers. That kind of thing is more in ASAdmins ballpark.

2. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno

3. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Pretty sure he's been afk for a few years.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I just brought some more in...can someone approve them?

5. Splode

Splode Well-Known Member

Fresno
    He wrote this in December which is why I was hoping. *shrug*

6. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I have been telling people to come and join...and many have set up an account...but are still waiting for final approval.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  7. Ben3721

Ben3721 Active Member

I've tried to drag many people to this forum. They wonder if this has a easy to use app, how to add photos then loose interest sometimes if they can't figure that stuff out.

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Can we get daily account approvals? With Hop-Up charging fees, I would like to make AS the center of US Airsoft...both discussion and buying and selling.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    Zoms101, -Spitfire- and Lefse like this.
  9. Shady

Shady Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I'm working on it. Unfortunately between my job and my kids I can't be on every day, nor do I have the powers to turn off member approval or promote others to Admin to help me.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  10. BeansOnToast

BeansOnToast Active Member

Seattle
    The problem is HopUp's ease of access, it looks almost like any other popular phone app whereas this forum takes a minute to get used to because of the decrease in popularity of forums.

11. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Got a few of more signed up or is trying to sign up.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  12. CronoArms

CronoArms New Member

Mesa
    I miss airsoft forums, but happy to be apart of this community now.

OutlawAirsoft likes this.
  13. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    I wouldn't want approval turned off anyways, helps keep out bots.

aotsukisho likes this.
  14. OutlawAirsoft

OutlawAirsoft Member

Hamilton
    I'm having an issue trying to log into the Airsoft Forum site. Every time I bring up the page, a text box appears which says: "This Community is not Available". What is the problem? I know that the forum population was pretty low, but there were some users.

15. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
  16. danerd

danerd Well-Known Member

Ozark
    Forum-related here:

I got the bright idea the other night to hit up the "Wayback Machine" to see if anything from the old Airsoft Mechanics forums had been archived. Lo and behold a few things were. 154 archives between March 2nd 2007 and August 12th 2018. I cant get beyond January 25th 2012 without being prompted for my login information (which obviously doesnt work), but seeing the old lists of threads and usernames brought back some memories. Sadly I have yet to come across any archived conversations.

Funny how the thread topics from 10+ years ago are covering things that are relevant today (LiPo vs Li-on batteries, DSGs, sniper mods, AEG tuning guides, FET design and build threads, R-Hop development, etc...) Goes to show that the industry is at least a decade behind in design and trends, and just how large a loss of something like this was.

While we cant obviously re-create a repository like this, would it be worthwhile to have a more organized technical section here?

Wingman703 likes this.
  17. Peeque

Peeque Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lancaster
    I was able to make an account on AM about a year before it went down. I wish I would've read through more of it when I was able to. At least I was able to get HS5's calculator.

Unfortunately, with pretty much everyone on Reddit or Facebook now with no real way to maintain an information quality standard like Airsoft Mechanics did. I don't think we'll ever recover from that loss.

I would love to see the forums make a come back, but I'm not hopeful. I've seen TheAirsoftTech and Legacy somewhat active again on YouYube with a decent following. Maybe if they were to come back and bring a bunch of new people that would help.

My conspiracy theory is Airsoft Mechanics is still up in a deep web-like fashion known only to the Über Elite Techs. Kinda like The Continental.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  18. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Some of the data on ASM was flawed...way back when when "he" was critiqued he got all upset and really...that is why I think ASM was formed...so that he could "moderate" dissent from real facts that did not support his misconceptions.

"...if oil is supposed to be used to clean a surface...why do we not use it in our windshield fluid reservoir?..." Because it will attract more dirt...

But, granted there was some real nuggets of good material science and physics backing up some of the other "concepts" in Airsoft.

19. Wingman703

Wingman703 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Atlanta
    I'm really confused by this entire statement. Was this thrown out in reference to barrel cleaning?

20. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    Here’s a glorious video that will make you cringe.

Ben3721 likes this.