Fps up

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by BigDak, Oct 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. BigDak

BigDak New Member

Columbus
    I just bought a Krytac Alpha CRB. It shoots about 300 fps rn and I want it to shoot about 350 but not over 400. What should I do to bring that fps up without breaking the bank?

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    If it has a QD mechbox. Drop in a "Good" M100(330)/150%(340)/SP90(330) spring.

3. BigDak

BigDak New Member

Columbus
    Whats a QD mechbox. Im sorta new to airsoft and the techy terms

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Quick Detach - Where the spring guide comes off the back mechbox without doing a major tear down to allow you to change the spring (after you set the piston forward by firing in SA mode).

The Alpha (discontinued) CRB does have this feature...

https://krytac.com/product/alpha-crb/

Scroll down onto the mechbox section to see this feature.

5. BigDak

BigDak New Member

Columbus

6. BigDak

BigDak New Member

Columbus
    A larger spring shouldn't burn out my motor should it? I dont wanna break something

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Directly a spring does not burn out a motor. Plus the increase is minimal, going from a 300FPS spring to a 350FPS spring.

High voltage batteries and a really heavy spring affect motor life more drastically, but it doesn't technically "burn it out" in a short period of time and use.

8. BigDak

BigDak New Member

Columbus
    So what kind of spring do you suggest? M100? M120?

9. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis